- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneering radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening up a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the Global Commercial team, the Digital Experience Design team is responsible for designing the journey’s that bring our technology and products to life. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on joining the dots across the multiple channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
About the role
We’re looking for multiple UX Researchers to join our Digital Experience Design team. These are pivotal new roles in an expansion of the team that will grow and enhance our in-house expertise and knowledge.
Reporting to the Head of UX Research, you’ll be joining a team of smart, expressive people given the encouragement, trust and freedom to do the job we love. Obsessed with detail, grounded in design that truly works and passionate about pushing boundaries in an ever-accelerating landscape; where digital and our owners are at the heart of everything we do. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career.
Working alongside the Design and Delivery teams you’ll establish our UX research function. Using the latest methodologies to test and refine the journeys and experiences for new product launches and our multichannel digital experiences.
Understanding the psychology and behaviour of our customers is the foundation of our digital strategy. Your research and insights will inspire the direction we take and experiences we create.
- Delivery of UX research, including journey maps, user flows, behavioural studies, surveys and analysis.
- Conduct group facilitation, moderation, in-depth interviews and observation. Adapting research practices for a variety of digital channels across web, retail, social, app, media etc.
- Confident in presenting to all levels of the business with excellent analysis skills, delivering reports that distil the key insights and inspire designers and stakeholders.
- Develop our culture of user-centred design practice, setting the standard for presenting insight and reporting, introducing new research techniques and championing the role of insight and testing for digital design.
- Comfortable in steering a project from initial concept through to delivery. Be able to demonstrate your understanding of the product proposition and the problem to solve.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of an agile team.
- Versatile and enjoy working on a variety of projects.
- Working closely with all areas of data and research across the business to build a single collated view of learnings, informing the direction on experiences that lead the way and build on our Dyson values.
- Putting the owner at the centre, developing a thorough understanding of our audiences and obsessing about the data and insight.
- Demonstrate your understanding the product proposition and the problem to solve
- Actively advancing the team culture and supporting junior members of the team.
- 3-5years experience in a UX research specialist role conducting research.
- Highly experienced with qualitative and quantitative research methods and applications.
- Design research skills, knowledge of user-centred design methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Cross-function digital skills with a good understanding of UI and interaction design.
- Experience collaborating with design, product and delivery teams on technical implementation.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holiday.
- Pension scheme.
- Performance related bonus.
- Life assurance.
- Sport centre.
- Free on-site parking.
- Subsidised café and restaurants.
- Discounts on Dyson machines.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.