- Robotics and Machine Learning
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This is an opportunity to shape the future of voice interaction at Dyson. You will develop Dyson’s capabilities in Voice User Interface (VUI) design and integration, considering the potential future direction of this area. You'll be part of the Machine Learning Research team, collaborating with partners across Design and User Research to shape our voice offering.
- Conversation design, allowing the user to take a natural approach to device interaction.
- Prototyping VUI solutions to enable early feedback through robust demonstrations and user trials.
- Maintain an active awareness of, and ideally further, the latest HMI/HRI research in error handling and deconfliction during interaction with a VUI.
- Collaborate with the New Product Innovation (NPI) UX team to ensure alignment and consistency of interaction tone across the Dyson product portfolio.
- Characterise VUI performance against defined project objectives; proposed implementation environment; and associated computational constraints.
- Application of statistical methods to establish confidence in findings.
- Generation of novel intellectual property.
- Doctoral degree or Master of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics; or Bachelor’s degree with significant experience.
- Conversation design and NLU implementation in a ‘smart home’ environment is desirable.
- Able to design and execute experiments to gauge HMI/HRI efficacy.
- Develop software prototypes with minimal support. Prior experience developing physical prototypes would be beneficial but not essential.
- Demonstrable experience with a proven track record outside of academia, ideally working with Agile development methodologies.
- Enthusiasm to learn and share new methods and techniques within several areas of technical expertise.
- Passionate about the technical and personal development of junior team members.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines