- Robotics and Machine Learning
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of voice interaction at Dyson. Working within a small team you will be responsible for designing and implementing voice command and dialogue systems. Working with the latest technology in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Natural Language Processing (NLP), your goal will be to enable the most natural and intuitive command framework whilst ensuring robust operation under challenging acoustic conditions. As part of the Machine Learning Research team you will use your deep understanding and knowledge to invent and deploy novel technology in our next generation products.
- Using the latest tools, prototype high quality demonstrations of natural, robust voice user interaction systems
- Design and conduct experimental campaigns to evaluate and characterise the performance against project objectives, use scenario and computational constraints
- Use your deep technical understanding to drive product specifications and shape hardware and software design
- Identify areas for opportunity and invent and implement novel technologies to enhance functionality and improve capabilities
- Analyse results, write reports and conduct presentations to other engineers across the business including senior managers and company directors.
- Collaborate with external partners and universities to stay abreast of the latest technology trends and developments and accelerate our internal capabilities across a variety of technical areas.
- Doctoral degree or Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related discipline; or Bachelor’s degree with significant experience.
- Conversation design and NLP implementation in a ‘smart home’ environment is desirable
- Demonstrable experience with a proven track record outside of academia, ideally working with Agile development methodologies.
- Proficient in programming and scientific computing/simulation (Python, MATLAB, C/C++) with a strong appreciation of modern machine learning techniques and deep learning frameworks.
- Ability to develop software prototypes with minimal support. Prior experience developing physical prototypes would be beneficial but not essential.
- Capable of designing and executing high quality experiments, ideally comfortable conducting accurate laboratory based acoustic measurements.
- The ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines