- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global community are on a mission to…
- …evolve existing solutions to stay ahead
- …embed emerging solutions to capitalise on potential benefits
- …deliver conceptualised & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
Our Data Team As the ‘hub’ team delivering the data, technology and community provision enabling Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities, Global Data Function have end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM, Compliance) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realisation (analytics enablement and delivery).
About the roleWorking in the Global Data Function, you will be responsible for consolidating and delivering a range of transformation and discovery projects to support data maturity across the business.
As one of a small team of programme and project managers, this role will take on a variety of responsibilities and deliveries flexing in line with the needs of the GDS pillar, with an emphasis on technology innovation and data. Experience in Data Quality, Master Data Management or analytics enablement projects would be helpful, but tenacity, creativity and a drive for impact is more important.
The successful candidate must be comfortable with picking up concepts and scenarios quickly and adeptly identifying risk and opportunities to shape effective ROI driven business cases.
- Reporting to the Head of Programme Management you will be responsible for:
- Strong leadership, problem solving and complex project delivery
- Managing large tactical projects or multimillion pound strategic projects
- Upholding the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management.
- Contributing to transforming Dyson IT into a strategic function by ensuring your projects are structured, well planned and executed
- Creating exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure (as it relates to wider IT Roadmap governance)
- Working to accelerate the wider Dyson business by upholding the IT project management methodology and look for improvements to discuss with the Programme Manager. Working with Programme Manager to manage the key interdependencies within the IT roadmap, BAU releases and those external to IT
- Enabling the growth and success of Dyson by taking personal accountability for quality and accuracy of project management performance and deliverables. Never accepting ‘average’ or ‘ok’, only excellence.
- Helping Dyson IT work towards being rapidly scalable by being diligent in risk management with close management of effective mitigations, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary.
- As part of Dyson IT’’s Business Partner led approach, creating quality business cases for projects in close partnership with Business Stakeholders and creating detailed and accurate budgets for review and approval by the Programme Manager.
- Supporting Dyson IT to lower its cost to serve and be cost effective in every way by creating quality business cases for projects in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
- Creating detailed and accurate budgets for review and approval by the Programme Manager, as well as managing the approval of Capex budget for projects and report monthly LE to Programme Manager and Head of Programme Management Practice.
About youPerson specification / Core Competencies:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to bring structure to ambiguity and design creative solutions
- Strong leadership abilities
- Powerful change agent
- A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development and service delivery
- Possess solid matrix management skills
- Robust and varied experience of project management, ideally gained in innovation or data projects.
- A proven record in delivery.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience of delivering complex projects with tight budget controll
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams potentially across multiple organisations and locations..
- An agent of change.
- Business change management / communication planning.
- Budget management and financial reporting.
- Business case development and benefit realisation.
- Experience of value tender / vendor selections.
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
- Experience working with 3rd party and/or offshore teams
- Experience in Data Quality, MDM or analytics enablement projects
- Familiarity with GCP technology Master degree or above educated in a relevant discipline and Data governance professional qualifications preferred but not essential – An overriding drive to deliver value and a capability to do so within service operations are the essential qualifications
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.#LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.