- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class IT Services and Systems. We demand the highest standards of performance from the technologies we engineer and our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our aim is to strategically partner to shape our future business, to provide exceptional IT service delivery and continuity whilst driving continuous improvement to deliver transformational change across the company. We are a team that drives operational excellence within IT to achieve exceptional results.
About the role
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end-to-end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience and Retail, Engineering Operations, (Product development, Supply Chain and Manufacturing) and Enterprise (Finance, Legal, Compliance, HR).
The Global Service Architect will work closely with LoB Stakeholders, Technical Teams, Service Managers, Account Owners and Operational Partners across the organization to deliver and maintain world class IT service for Dyson. In this role, you will work to provision, manage and maintain detailed service design for operational requirements across all Dyson markets and geographic regions. Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Alignment with Solution Architects, LoB stakeholders and IT Budget holders on service expectations
- Publish detailed service definitions to include business process to application mapping
- Publish SLA/OLA/KPIs for E2E service operations - Apps, Infra, NW, Data, Storage & Security
- Publish and maintain detailed service designs for new projects, system upgrades and operational services
- Oversee IT operational implementation of approved service designs and service continuity plans
- Oversee IT operational implementation of service monitoring in line with approved service designs
- Identify, track and manage gaps in service design implementation through service governance
- Work with service owners to ensure service requirements are correctly provisioned in underpinning 3rd party contracts
- Contribute to Service Acceptance Criteria and SRR governance (coordinated through Service Transition)
- Act as the service authority for service related changes to IT operating models, service tools and governance frameworks
- Develop, manage and maintain service related test plans
- Influence the IT Budget and investment plans and cost allocation / cross-charging strategies through service tiering
- Work with operational teams to manage the total cost of service and ongoing service strategy Support IT Service reviews with operational teams and 3rd party vendors (facilitate and chair as required)
- Educate IT Delivery and Operational teams on service requirements, expectations and strategy
- Maintain a service design RAID for new and existing services and facilitate routine service design governance
- Publish routine service design MI reports on service risks
About youYou will need to be customer focused, organised and confident, to have a sense of urgency and remain calm under pressure. You will need to deliver results using your own initiative and it is essential that you possess the following skills:
- Strong understanding customer requirements.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic advocate of business change and innovation.
- Experience of IT Service Design, Technical Support and Service Operations, in large and complex IT environments and organizational eco-systems .
- Ability to influence others and communicate with impact at senior levels across the organization.
- Ability to lead the resolution of service related risks through a range of internal and external resources.
- Ability to structure and implement organizational processes, procedures and knowledge retention.
- Ability to produce meaningful senior level reports on status, trends and performance.
- Knowledge of ITIL service transition and service operations and analysis processes.
- Knowledge of project delivery methodologies (Agile/SCRUM/SAFE/DSDM).
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.