- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal, Payroll, Dyson Institute and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Work place services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the roleReporting to the Head of Digital Workplace programmes, you will be responsible for the end to end service introduction process of all Digital Workplace deployments. You will work alongside the Digital Workplace programme and project teams to ensure that the correct project and service readiness assets are produced and signed off in line with planned project timelines. You will evaluate the quality of the specified project outputs associated with defined service transition and acceptance standard and policies.
- This role is required to ensure that the achievement of formal confirmation that service acceptance criteria have been met, and that the team receiving delivery of the said new or changed service is ready to operate the new service when it has been deployed.
- Define the Digital Workplace service introduction and acceptance process and standards
- Ensure compliance to the process and standards for all Digital Workplace deployments
- Create management reports to evidence status of service introduction
- Identify and deliver on any opportunities to improve the service introduction process and standards to ensure that they stay current and fit for purpose
- Work with internal and external operational support teams as part of the end to end service introduction process to ensure that deployments are formally and smoothly accepted into service operation
- Provide Service Introduction support to Digital Delivery projects/programmes
- You will ensure all Service Introduction activities within Digital Projects/Programmes are included and planned with the relevant Project Manager.
- Ensure Service Introduction risks and issues are identified, and mitigating actions are proposed to relevant Digital Project / Programme Manager(s) to overcome challenges presented.
- Identify, own and manage risks and issues relating to the Service Introduction function, ensuring that mitigating actions are agreed and executed.
- You will engage with project teams to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard.
- You will feed into the release and change management processes.
- Act as the main contact into the Service Introduction function all Digital projects. Collaborating with stakeholders from all levels and disciplines to ensure effective alignment of Service Introduction practices and delivery of Service Introduction activities throughout project/programme phases.
- Maintain activity/effort records that will inform the on going assessment of resource requirements for future Introduction effort and detailed Service Introduction Plans.
- Ensure Service Introduction activities are executed and completed to plan, reporting on progress to the project manager and practice lead, taking corrective pro-active action where required.
- Acting as the authority on Digital Delivery Service Introduction for projects, taking accountability for Service Introduction project deliverables and their quality
- Stay abreast of trends in service introduction management including management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on service introduction at Dyson.
- Ensure that you and third party service introduction teams are working within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, Cyber Security standards etc
- ITIL foundation trained - mandatory
- Foundations in Prince 2 and/or Agile PM.
- ITIL v3 Service Introduction / Transition / Service Design certification practitioner - desirable
- Proven experience in operating within a Service Introduction capability.
- Experience of End User Computing project related service introduction practices (highly desirable)
- Experience of working with internal and external project and operational support teams as part of a service introduction process
- High level of analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Quality focused and highly flexible
- Thinks ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Comfortable working outside of core working hours when necessary to complete the task in hand
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.