- Hullavington - United Kingdom
- Location details
The Serviceability lead is a key role within the project, ensuring “Design for Service” requirements are clearly identified and driven into the engineering architecture. As this is a new product category for Dyson, an exciting element of the role will be the opportunity to influence service strategy and the requirements to support this.
- Ensure clear communication of service requirements across the business.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure service requirements are effectively delivered by the product design.
- Manage relationships with existing and future external service providers
- Lead planning and delivery of serviceability DPA checks for each virtual series gateway. This will require co-ordination of both in-house and external resources.
- Develop the process for the Serviceability DPA check process through design maturation.
- Assist with defining cross-functional tooling needs and requirements
- Drive cross-functional issue resolution of service issues identified through DPA checks through regular reviews.
- Interface with Package and system delivery teams for solution of macro-compatibility service issues.
- Lead virtual and physical serviceability assessments.
- Support service literature development – potentially with the support of an external service provider.
- Develop design verification plan and work with internal stakeholders across the project to ensure service requirements/targets are met.
- Develop existing serviceability status metrics and reporting methods.
SkillsYou will have;
- Experience working in a Service role. Automotive experience preferable, but other disciplines will be considered.
Experience of the Virtual Series and Serviceability DPA process in automotive industry preferred.
Experience carrying out both physical and virtual serviceability assessments essential.
Experience using Siemens Teamcenter v10 (preferable)
Experience using CAD visualisation tools preferable (e.g. Teamcenter visualisation professional or Vismockup).
Confident leading cross functional meetings and ability to evaluate technical problems to ensure clear direction;
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Lift share scheme
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discount on Dyson machines
And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.