- Automotive, Service Engineers
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
The body repair Serviceability lead is a key role within the project, ensuring “Design for Service” requirements are clearly identified and driven into the engineering architecture. As this is a new product category for Dyson, an exciting element of the role will be the opportunity to influence the repair strategy and the requirements to support this. Body repair will be assessed as part of the Virtual Series activities. The role will report to the aftersales planning manager
- Ensure clear communication of body repair requirements across the business.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure requirements are effectively delivered by the product design.
- Manage relationships with existing and future external providers
- Develop training plan for approved repairers
- Define standards and requirements for Dyson approved repairers
- Assist with defining cross functional tooling needs and requirements
- Lead virtual and physical body repair assessments.
- Develop body repair literature – potentially with the support of an external service provider.
- Develop existing status metrics and reporting methods.
- Provide regular reporting of issue status at all levels.
- Support cross functional creation of service bill of materials specifically related to body structures and assist supply chain strategy
A degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is preferable (Note: Good relevant experience will be considered in lieu of qualifications);
Experience working in a Body repair/engineering role. Automotive experience preferable, but other disciplines will be considered e.g. aerospace, rail.
Experience of the Virtual Series and Serviceability DPA process in automotive industry preferred.
Experience carrying out both physical and virtual serviceability assessments essential.
Experience using Siemens Teamcenter v10 (preferable)
Experience using CAD visualisation tools preferable (e.g. Teamcenter visualisation professional or Vismockup)
Confident leading cross functional meetings and ability to evaluate technical problems to ensure clear direction;
Ability to present in front of large audiences and communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information to project members from multiple disciplines;
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Lift share scheme
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discount on Dyson machines
And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.