- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Provide strategic direction and leadership to a support team who’s key responsibilities are to transition new services into the portfolio, ensure KPI’s are met, that documentation standards are adhered to and that we have monitoring in place to ensure the health of our business applications is maintained and sustained across the portfolio. This role is expected to implement governance across end to end operations of a world class support practice. The role will be part of the global IT application services teams and will be based in Malmesbury, working to support global systems and strategic ways of working. The
- You are the product owner for the Applications Service Catalogue.
- Ensuring the documentation, resources, monitoring and processes are in place to execute best in class support.
- Ensure a robust practice for transition of services, including a service design for each application is in place.
- Compile and be responsible for delivery of accurate, regular MI including reporting on delivery of SLA’s and our Key Performance Indictors. Produce director level reports on application stability and performance.
- Ensure adequate monitoring and proactive alerting is in place across the portfolio and work with support teams where gaps are identified to close them in line with business requirements.
- The role holder owns the Risk Register for IT’s Global Applications Operations and drive mitigation plans with support teams.
- Build and maintain, with support management peers across the team, a reputable global support framework.
- Hire and contract a talent pipeline for transition and support SMEs and manage third parties where required.
- Maintain, as a part of the Applications Catalogue, the organisations licence compliance position, software asset management, supporting budgets and enabling you to lead for business applications in software audits.
- Maintain alignment with the Enterprise Architecture Team on Application roadmap strategies with a specific responsibility to ensure patching and versioning is planned, current and risks communicated.
- Manage strategic partners and 3rd party vendors including RFI/RFP and service level reviews
- At least 5 years’ experience in working in international organisation in Application support management
- Experience of managing large and often complex operational teams that include application support functions
- Experience in implementing support processes in a global and complex environment
- Proven experience managing 3rd party vendors and cloud providers to contracted SLAs
- Proven experience of leading, coaching and mentoring a team of IT service oriented professionals.
- Experience managing support through outsourced partners onshore and offshore
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Strong communicator that can address multiple audiences and bridge between business and IT language
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Strong leader.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban and DevOps software development methodologies is highly desired
- Proven experience of application support in key digital and enterprise applications such as: SAP ECC, SAP CRM, Hybris, Magento, Sitecore, etc
- High level of expertise in Excel (formulas, pivots and macros).
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines