- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our End User Services team
The End User Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
Deliver world class Service Desk and End User Computing Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are adhered to across all aspects of IT globally
Drive continual improvement into the end user services space in light with Dyson’s growth
Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of EUS Service Operations, you will be responsible for leading, directing and managing service operations across all UK sites. You will be expected to travel frequently to all UK Dyson sites and on occasions internationally. The post holder will work with external partners and internal support teams and be responsible for all aspects of Service Desk and EUC service operations ensuring delivery of service in line with contract requirements achieving high quality and positive outcomes for service users
Managing Contract Performance
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with 3rd party suppliers and internal support teams
- Monitoring performance against targets and deliverables for all contracts
- Ensuring contractual and regulatory compliance
- Reporting contract performance trends and issues to Head of EUS Service Operations
- Ensure appropriate Incident and Problem coverage is maintained to support Dyson 24x7
- Ensure Change Management compliance
- Communicate all operations issues and impacts to Head of EUS Service Operations and key regional stakeholders
- Take responsibility for customer escalations and act as a point of escalation (these will include C-suite level escalations)
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with business stakeholders and international counterparts at any levels of the Dyson organisation
- Hold regular service reviews with stakeholders to drive and improve service operations across the UK sites and UK remote workers
- Hold UK third party service reviews with local and strategic partners and feed into global service reviews where applicable.
- Analysis of performance leading to service changes and improvements to increase user outcomes/level of satisfaction/perceived value of the service
- Collaborative working with Service Operations Managers in other regions, Head of EUS Service Operations and other key regional stakeholders in order to strengthen the role and contribution of existing and new services
- Collaboratively working with Service Operations Manager in other regions and the Head of EUS Service Operations to continually refine and improve Operations procedures, policies and standards to conform to best practise (ITIL)
- Collaboratively working with Service Operations Manager in other regions and the Head of EUS Service Operations to continually refine and improve Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request and Knowledge Management processes and procedures with best practise (ITIL)
- Provide on call support on a rota basis on weekends, national holidays and holiday cover in order to provide major incident management and escalation services during this time.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- You must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to Executive level.
- You will also possess strong third party management skills to effectively manage a strategic third parties suppliers as well as niche suppliers.
- You must demonstrate strong leadership qualities
- You must be strong at landing business change for new ideas and technologies to be well adopted by varied user base.
- You must be naturally inquisitive in new technology and trends and not be afraid to ‘fail fast and learn’
You'll need to have:
- 3-5 years direct experience managing IT Operations and Service Desk in an enterprise scale, geographically distributed environment
- Knowledge of IT service desk tools and best practices
- ITIL trained with previous experience of creating and implementing ITIL aligned policies and processes
- Ability to effectively communicate operational strategies, policies and processes
- Experience with Vendor and Contract Management
- A professional who can provide examples of transforming end user experience within a global company
- Solves highly complex, politically sensitive problems across teams
- Ability to influence across all sectors to gain alignment, agreement and commitments
- Experience with Vendor and Contract Performance Management
- Strong management skills
We'd also like to see:
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on site Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.