- Customer Service
- Singapore - Singapore
Dysons global Customer Service community needs to be ready to respond when new products and new technologies launch – calls, advice, registration, repairs, spares, digital support etc. To deliver a status of ‘ready’ in the area of service a technical lead is required. Working across Dysons ‘Home’ categories within Engineering SEA you will become the focal point and ‘champion’ for all things service – the technical solutions approach to product fix used across multiple market solutions (e.g. field service, workshops, retail space etc). You will manage and successfully deliver the service requirements and repair strategies ahead of all product launches. Complimenting this lifecycle activity the role requires an individual who can technically assist UK and SEA teams in understanding the impact of product change on repair process for Dyson product already in the market – a technical product change management role.
AccountabilitiesService Design Requirements
- Coordinate with Customer Service stakeholders (Group) to support service deliverables as part of Dysons NPD Milestone Process – these will include multi-channel engagement for the Customer support plan across:
- Repair process and parts definitions
- Repair & technical training
- Service workshop & repair equipment development
- Understand and support agreed repair requirements once handed over at Dysons early milestones (TS). Translate the service requirements at engineering level to each project team at a detailed technical level e.g. define what ‘fix’ should look like in parts/assembly/process/testing etc.
- Become familiar with the category portfolio and technologies contained within each new product proposal. Build strong relationships across the category to raise visibility of Customer Service within the product development cycle. Ensure requirements are shared and complied with, compatibly with those within Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality
- Be the daily focal point for service (technical) based questions from the Engineering teams across both categories. The successful candidate is expected to become embedded within the product teams.
- Execute accurate and regular reporting on progress of service (fix) requirement implementation for each NPD.
- Anticipate, document and advise the teams of any product changes which may be agreed during this phase of NPD whether they may/may not affect agreed and intended strategy.
- During all stages of product development ensure that the principles of Sustainability and Design for Service is protected and delivered as part of the service requirements.
- Liaise with the category engineering teams and Group Customer Service to bring clarity to all proposed in market product change.
- Follow up on upcoming deviation and changes to Dysons product portfolio - evaluating and documenting potential impact items with the teams to deliver appropriate communications and actions.
- Hold a relevant Degree in design, engineering, construction or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- Have an ability to engage/communicate with Engineers when discussing complex technical product assembly/re-assembly and testing.
- Have a detailed expert knowledge of the communication and delivery of multiple projects together with experience of product development process including project development and design.
- The ability to work under pressure and within tight timescales is essential to ensure requirements delivery.
- Excellent team working skills with proven experience of influencing teams and successful partnering with third party suppliers and stakeholders i.e. designers, statutory and regulatory bodies, consultants and contractors.
- Excellent numerical skills including the ability to understand and translate budgets and ensure financial propriety
- Relevant experience working in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project.
- Proven ability to bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit projects and apply initiative and strategic awareness to problem solving and decision making.