- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our End User Services team
The End User Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk and End User Computing Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are adhered to across all aspects of IT globally
- Drive continual improvement into the end user services space in light with Dyson’s growth
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the roleReporting to the Head of Digital Workplace Programmes you will be responsible for:
- Working with PMO maintaining a high quality project management methodology (both Agile and Waterfall - depending on project)
- Ensuring all aspects of change (both business and technical) are managed and implemented through the lifecycle of each project, working with other IT teams and business functions as necessary.
- Contributing to transforming Dyson Digital Workplace IT Services into a strategic function through ensuring IT programmes and projects are structured, well planned and executed globally.
- Ensuring all programmes and projects within your control are delivered to a high standard and to approved time, cost and scope as per the business case
- Ensuring strong business stakeholder management through governance processes and standards.
- Managing the key interdependencies within the wider IT roadmap, BAU releases and those external to IT.
- Working with the Head of Digital Workplace Programme to manage changes in roadmap direction, scope, costs, resources and timing.
- Effectively owning and managing all project and programme risks and issues for your allocated area.
- Leading on the creation of business cases for your programme with clear evidence of return on investment in line with the approved business
- Manage a team of IT Project practicing DSDM / Agile PM and PRINCE2 waterfall delivery and organising well organised 1:1s, team meetings, quarterly, six monthly and end of year appraisals.
- Supporting Dyson IT to lower its cost to serve and be cost effective in every way through overseeing the Capex budget for IT projects and reporting monthly LE to Head of Digital Workplace Programmes
About youPerson specification / Core Competencies:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills up to Exec level
- Strong leadership abilities
- Powerful change agent – clear evidence and experience of delivering large scale, transformation projects in the End User Compute, O365 or HRIS area
- A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development and service delivery
- Possess solid matrix management skills and an ability to manage large scale global teams and global project delivery across a similar sized organisation to Dyson
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including DSDM / Agile PM and PRINCE2.
- Good knowledge of Planview to work with PMO to build good practice.
- Practical execution of change management.
- Advanced risk management.
- At least 8 years’ experience of IT project and programme management, ideally gained in strategic complex projects for large organisations.
- A proven record in large scale, transformational delivery.
- In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience of delivering complex programmes.
- Experience in managing offshore/remote teams
- A strong agent of change.
- Ability to develop a strong programme team, potentially across multiple organisations and locations.
- Strategy formulation.
- Organisational design, business change management / communication planning.
- Budget management and financial reporting.
- Business case development and benefit realisation.
- Experience in leading complex and large value tender / vendor selections.
- Ability to lead an engagement with a client.
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.