- Salary will be determined based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
As the Shopper and Market Insights Analyst, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Dyson. Beyond providing invaluable insights to drive the business, you will also be able to recommend actions to be taken, working closely with and influencing decisions across the business. A successful person in this position will be able to see the world from a marketing and business perspective, as well as from a researcher perspective.
This position will require a high degree of collaboration with cross-functional teams (within the US, as well as with GHQ in the UK and across other markets) to drive shopper-centric strategies, to present forward-thinking market trends, and to socialize meaningful insights. The Shopper and Market Insights Analyst will help Dyson utilize key syndicated data resources and custom projects to deepen understanding of the shopper journey/experience, as well as the market as a whole. They will work closely with the Marketing, Sales, Competitive, and Group teams to identify insight opportunities and determine best practice data sources and methodologies for addressing these issues. This person is involved in all stages of the learning plan from study design to interpretation/presentation of results. This individual will be able to work with and integrate various types of data. By using qualitative and quantitative market research, in addition to leveraging syndicated research (NPD, etc.), the Shopper and Market Insights Analyst will turn information into implications and insights.
This role requires a person with a creative bent who is able to lead in the face of uncertainty, able to pull disparate pieces of data together for a cohesive and insightful story, and who is able to highlight the key takeaways and action points for the cross functional team. Dyson is a culture driven by change and comfort in grey areas – an ideal candidate in this role will be a self-starter looking to make an immediate impact and help an innovative company continue to grow.
- Own monthly market and shopper insights reporting – both standard and exploratory
- Execute primary research (qualitative and quantitative) and report insights
- Assist in development of research plans and explore methodology options based upon business questions
- Evolve research findings to communicate consumer insights and recommendations to the broader team
- Provide consumer-centric consultation and support to guide strategic and tactical decisions
- Drive sales relationship with market data, retailer, and category management insights
- Establish cross functional relationships to gain full alignment on research design and finding implementation
- Collect, analyse, and synthesize consumer learning to draw insights that lead to specific actions and improve business results
- Drive Trend understanding across the business by staying in touch with market, consumer, shopper, industry, and economic shifts
- Develop enhanced ways of working between market and group, focusing on collaboration between insights, competitive, and other key stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to drive Dyson growth, disseminate learnings internally, including leadership, marketing, sales, and finance to ensure internal alignment and understanding of shopper and market needs
- Identify and manage outside vendors and third parties to maximize learning and value from projects. This entails actively engaging and leveraging partner intellectual horsepower, providing feedback for continual improved performance, and evaluating alternative vendor partners and methodologies to insure best practice approaches.
- Fulfil other duties as required: Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role, Fix things that need fixing, Identify problems and find solutions
· Bachelor’s degree required, in Marketing, Economics, Finance or a related field required, MBA preferred
· Minimum 3+ years of experience required with either a full-service market research supplier or a manufacturer's Insights department.
· Retailer/account presentation experience preferred
· Proven strategic thinking
· Qualitative, Qualitative, Longitudinal, and Syndicated research skills and experience
· Expert in Excel/PowerPoint; Pivot table knowledge essential
· Strong analytical skills; proficient in statistics, experimental design, survey creation and analysis à Data triangulation experience a must
· Ability to tell a story with data; excellent communication, organization and presentation skills (written, oral, and across Microsoft Office Suite)
· Strong project management experience, with the ability to balance multiple projects
· Highly motivated self-starter
· Ability to develop collaborative relationships with cross-functional team members to build respect and influence.
· Building the New and Different; Creating the climate for success; Goes the extra mile; Thrives in change environment; Is an ambassador for the team
· Passionate Perseverance; Getting the best Result; Never wants to give up; Sets an standard of excellence in everything they do; Gets back up again after set backs
· Focused on getting the right answer by thinking hard – looking for detail and patterns; Looks well beyond the obvious; sees opportunities where others don’t; Has vision of what is possible and a desire use great ideas to drive change; Spots connections not seen by others
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you will also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.