- £Competitive + bonus
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing at a rapid pace, and the estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To create this positive, professional, safe and progressive working environment the estates team needs strong leadership in key areas – Facilities is one of these areas. Our site services team is a key part of ensuring campuses are supported efficiently, providing vital porterage and support services.
The Site Services Supervisor is responsible for the site services team primarily on our Malmesbury campus, ensuring seamless control and movement of items. Interact with stakeholders dealing with day to day queries and requests and providing excellent customer service.
- Contribute to the delivery of excellent estates customer service.
- Support project teams and the estates surveyor with furniture moves and managed storage solutions.
- Support the Goods in Supervisor with the management of the storage facility.
- Responsibility to ensure all storage areas are kept tidy and well organised.
- Ensure all site services equipment is suitably maintained and is safe to use.
- Participate in physical aspects of site services activity as part of the team.
- Service; ensure first class site services offering, putting the customer first.
- Strategy; working with the facilities manager ensure systems and processes are regularly reviewed in order to meet customer needs and are continually improved.
- Approach; introduce appropriate team Key Performance Indicators to measure and maintain service performance, with upward reporting of results. Constantly challenge existing practices and introduce innovation.
- Visibility; ensure team is highly visible, presenting a professional image and approach at all times.
- Direct line management of all site services staff ensuring performance is proactively managed in accordance with Dyson’s policies.
- Working with the security team ensure the efficient movement of traffic around the campus, where necessary.
- Be an H&S ambassador, ensuring compliance with all H&S policies and procedures in your areas of accountability. Support the H&S team in developing our safety culture. Complete and contribute towards audits.
Skills• Experience of leading a team in a similar organisation.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to change. It may be necessary to work some unsociable hours.
• Leadership; ability to respond, prioritize and implement under pressure, coordinating both internal and external resource to reach the most expedient solution
• Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
• Good interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
• Good analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
• Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives
• Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of expertise in order to gain stakeholder confidence
• Assertive; readiness to press teams and suppliers to take remedial action when required
• Neutral; ability to shape strategic direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome
• Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software
• Decisive and willingness to show initiative
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants