- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson GB has been growing at an aggressive rate in past years. 2020 and beyond will bring new challenges to Dyson GB as we continue to focus on our growth ambition, whilst also needing to transform the categories, brand communication and organisation.
In the past 18 months, Dyson GB significantly ramped our digital marketing investment and performance. This has prompted the creation of a new digital focused function within GB Marketing, responsible for both paid and owned experiences.
Social Media is a critical channel in Dyson GB’s 2020 success as we grow existing and enter new categories, double down on owner experience, and focus efforts on reputation across the Dyson brand.
Working closely with the Senior Digital Marketing, the Social Media Manager will be instrumental in developing and executing a best in class Social Media strategy that delivers against these ambitions.
This role sits within the GB Digital Marketing team, and will report to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager.
The GB Social Media Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing GB’s Social Media strategy; Paid, Owned and Earned through the SEE THINK DO CARE marketing funnel. Develop Dyson GB social as a critical digital touchpoint for both owners and shoppers.
Community management; engage with owners encouraging advocacy and word of mouth, deliver a UGC strategy, and work closely with our contact centre on CARE engagement.
Content; manage and oversee our social media content calendar, including creative briefs and copy writing. You’ll work closely with other functions, developing a social media content strategy that supports business goals, whilst staying true to our global strategy and the expectations of audience and channel.
Influencer strategy; working with category teams and comms to align and deliver on objectives
Measurement; you’ll have experience of Social Media tools, ideally Sprinklr, delivering regular reports on the performance of our social media presence across POE.
Social listening; As Social Media manager, you will managed GB’s social listening reports using Sprinklr; brand, category / product and event.
You will own how Dyson GB is represented across reputation, commercial and care communications through Social Media, working closely with brand category, comms and owner contact centre teams to align and deliver against GB business goals. From strategy development, to media briefing and creative development, you’ll focus on ensuring we maximise and push boundaries in Social Media marketing.
- Reporting into Senior Digital Marketing manager; develop and execute the GB social media strategy
- Own the GB social media calendar across all platforms – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Develop plans to expand Dyson GB social presence; Pinterest, Twitter…
- Manage the owned and earned Social activations
- Support and align with Digital Marketing Manager and Category teams on Paid social and day to day optimisation of campaigns with media agency
- Create and present regular reporting to internal teams on community engagement, sentiments and social media metrics - including presenting across paid, owned and earned media, setting goals to increase brand awareness and engagement in market
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to cultivate our community with shoppers, owners. Build relationships with owners and influencers, encouraging advocacy.
- Work closely with web team to understand and optimise user journeys from social
- Oversee the execution of our social care strategy within customer service centres ensuring a consistent tone of voice across brand and care
- Monitor social care SLAs to ensure we’re delivering the best owner experience every time
- Work alongside the Global Social Media team and regional leads within Centres of Excellence to understand and share best practice on additional GB platforms
- Own GB’s social listening capability; brand, category / product and event insights
- Manage and improve Social SEO
- Provide insights to global teams to inform creative and develop content to deliver value and engagement to the Dyson community
- Work with the wider marketing, owner experience and PR teams to align on a consistent narrative
- Manage the relationship with social media networks, implementing best practise and platform innovation. Facebook / YouTube
- Share best practice on social and broader media trends
Proven experience of content publishing and social media community management
Proven experience of social care community management
High level of attention to detail
Analytical mindset with proven experience of delivering data and reporting to stakeholders at multiple levels
First class communication skills
Ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships internationally and at all levels
Demonstrable skills in idea generation and identifying and capitalising trends and insights into tangible actions
Understanding of best practices and emerging trends within the digital / social space
Minimum 4 years’ experience in leading social media and community management or a related field
Graduate level or equivalent
- Proven experience of marketing or PR
- Proven experience within a customer facing/customer service role
- Proven experience managing social media planning and listening tools, ideally Sprinklr
- Experience of managing external agencies and suppliers
- Previous experience of managing and moderating a sizeable social media community
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive with ability to work both with minimal supervision and as part of a team environment
- Strong planning and project management skills and good analytical skills
- Ability to work swiftly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to keep a level head and maintain grace under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Interest and initiative to innovate Dyson’s social media practices and bring them to the next level.
- Knowledge of creative design processes