- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We have a great opportunity for a software architect, within
the Dyson Embedded Software team.
If you have used a Dyson product, you will have experienced software that has been produced by us. We developed the user interface for the latest V11 cordless vacuum cleaner. We wrote all of the software running on the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool and the Dyson Lightcycle. We built all of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy solution to make our products part of the Internet of Things. We have developed and continue to build a powerful platform that provides the foundation for our robotic vacuum cleaners.
Dyson is ambitiously evolving and expanding its product lines, which challenges us to develop exciting solutions and engage with new technologies, which we can’t reveal just yet.
You will join the existing embedded architecture team. The team is responsible for the software architecture of all of the products developed by the embedded software department. Working collaboratively with your teammates you will analyse new project requirements, and propose and refine high-level software architectures that can satisfy those needs.
The architecture you define will be adaptable to change. You will identify common software elements that are required for multiple projects, and build those into the Dyson common software platform.Within the embedded software team, we work in an agile manner, using the scaled agile framework. You will work closely with development scrum teams, both in the UK and abroad, to help them realize your vision.
- Varied demonstrable architecture experience, ideally in an embedded environment
- Knowledge of Software modelling languages, such as UML
- The ability to adapt to changing customer requirements in a fast moving environment
- Working with outsourced development teams
- Use of Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Use of Enterprise Architect and PlantUML
- Training opportunities (In house and External)
- A good work-life balance (we work hard whilst we are here, but we don’t typically work late nights or weekends)
- Interesting and varied work, where you won’t be pigeon-holed
- The opportunity to work on products that that you will see in the shops and that you can be proud to have been a part of
- Working with other highly-experienced engineers and continuing to learn something new every day