- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Data Science
We are currently seeking a full stack Software Developer to join the Business Intelligence Team in our world class Research Design and Development department. The team play a vital role in supporting the engineering function of approx. 3000 technicians, scientists and engineers worldwide.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual who would like to further their career within a growing and successful company. With a combination of hands on experience and dedicated training we will offer you the chance to develop your skills and experience.
The successful candidate will have excellent UI and UX skills and will support and develop a web application comprising of an Angular front end, ASP.NET Core backend and SQL Server database.
They will possess a track record of delivering high quality web application solutions to time and on-cost. Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies is advantageous. The role’s objective is to maintain and improve current web applications.
- Quickly become familiar with users, use cases and existing databases in order to fully support the existing applications.
- Work with Business and Data Analysts to understand current Web Application front and Back ends.
- Support technical problems and bugs in UI
- Work with BAs to create Proof of concept (POC) designs for future improvements
- Provide UI Build expertise and explain approach where required
- Future-proof UI, utilising best practice methodology
- Define and uphold best practices and standards
- Work closely with Server Administrators to get build ready to go-live
Work with BA to help to define test criteria for changes to UI
Investigate and resolve issues identified by testing
Assist in the creation of Training materials, guides, videos and communications
Co-facilitate Training sessions and act as SME to end users of Web front-end UI
- Extensive UI build experience and end-to-end Web Development
Experience creating UIs which have multi-browser, multi-device support
Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Experience of creating a UI on multi-platforms inc. Mac IOS and Android for Mobile
Experience using the Atlassian Jira suite, particularly in Kanban
Working in multi-national / multi-lingual teams
Knowledge of engineering
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong planning and time management skills
Self-motivated, dynamic, and results-driven
Inquisitive, proactive, and innovative
Interest in how business works and desire to improve our performance
Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels
Ethical, personal integrity
Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
Thrives on change
Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
Ability to deliver under pressure