- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Software Developer operates in a multi-project agile environment and provides the creation, support and maintenance for a range of software applications using .net technology and associated programming languages in use at Dyson. Reporting to the Software Development Team Lead and working closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Test Leads to support all global markets the Software Developer is responsible for creating technical designs, for coding SW solutions and for 1st, 2nd & 3rd line development support on production incidents.
- Work with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Test Leads across IT to ensure Software requirements are clearly understood.
- Produce & Peer Review Technical Designs for a range of simple and complex IT solutions in line with Group IT Technical Standards.
- Develop software solutions in line with published Technical Designs and project timescales.
- Provide ongoing development and technical maintenance on supported applications.
- Provide SW Developer inputs as necessary to Agile Teams, QA Activities and Release Management processes.
- Provide SW Development Team inputs as required for project reports.
- Problem solving, fault diagnosis and resolution skills.
- Knowledge of the .net framework and associated programming languages.
- Knowledge & experience in SQL Server 2008 and later versions.
- Knowledge of collaboration SW configuration and governance (Sharepoint/Project Server)
- Knowledge of SSIS and SSRS.
- Experience of continuous delivery through agile design, development and test.
- Microsoft Certified Professional or similar.
- Familiar with Atlassian tools including Confluence / Jira / Stash / Bitbucket
- Working with AWS Cloud solutions
- Knowledge of programme and project management methods including DSDM / Agile.
- Knowledge of Confluence / Jira /Test Management Toolsets
- Ability to shape, implement and support the Group IT Development processes
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines