- Competitive Salary
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is taking its line of products to the next level of intelligence through greater environmental and human interaction.
To achieve that we need Software Engineers skilled in manipulating graphic-rich user interfaces, and the software which composes them.
As the products get smarter, the need for richer interaction with the user is essential. The intelligence of the machines has grown exponentially in the past few years, with a far greater range of sensors providing data about the environment.
The possibilities afforded for greater control of the device require intuitive easy user input methods.
Investigating these new technologies, and developing them to the level needed for production is at the heart of this role.
You'll be working with our New Product Initiative team to create prototypes of new ideas and evaluate novel concepts of product interface.
You'll be working with the artistic creative team to bring to life their concepts, to allow them to evaluate the customer experience on new ideas and then with Product Development to take those ideas to the real market in production-grade software.
You'll be responsible for driving forward the future of Dyson’s graphical interface, as a visual user experience, and as a new programmatic development methodology. Crafting reliable and robust software solutions to bring that vision to life on production units; developing efficient mechanisms to allow rapid deployment of graphics across a range of compute platforms.
It's an exciting role working in the early stages of our product development!
- Industry experience of embedded graphical solutions development across a range of compute platforms, including Linux and C++.#
- Linux experience, including device driver layers.
- Experience of GUI IDEs, with Crank preferred
- Internals of graphics descriptions, Visio, Sketch, SVG, XML,
- Awareness of limitations of bare-metal embedded systems, DMA; desire and ability to optimise and improve It would be beneficial if you also have experience of SPI or similar digital interfaces at the electrical level, logical and programmatic driver layers.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and self learning are standard. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.