- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is delivering Robotic products with intelligent sensing technologies that interact with owners when cleaning the home, by developing software in the areas of Robot Control, Electronics and Computer Vision. We are looking for Software Testers to ensure the Robotic Products represent the Quality and Reliability of the Dyson brand, and can correctly respond to the owners when controlled by connected devices. You will work directly with the domain expert in an Agile Scrum team, learning new technologies that further enhance the owner’s experience, by identifying and execute the appropriate testing approach for the new software feature.
We work in a supportive environment where the team embraces new techniques to improve itself and grow capability. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, expresses a desire to develop test strategies to verify complex and diverse implementations across different robotic platforms. You must be aware of SW verification methodologies and techniques, ideally with a background in embedded Robotic products with algorithms, comfortable with high-level design and discussions with Developers.
- Plan a Software Testing Strategy for Robotic algorithms and behaviours
- Review Software Requirements/Use-Cases, and build Tests against Requirements/Use-Cases
- Implement Software Verification techniques in Simulators, around Algorithms or complete products
- Automate Software Testing using Python, in a Linux Docker or physical Lab environment
- Use of scripting languages and tools for post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
- Execute Automated Tests per Agile Sprint or Software Release, reporting Test Results with TestRail
- Generate innovative Test Automation concepts for Robotics or new technologies
- Verification experience of code written in C/C++/Python, or connected products.
- Experience of scripting languages Python/Perl, or basic Vicon/Matlab/Labview,
- Previous Algorithm or Robotics testing experience
- Wide experience and knowledge base of verification tools, their suitability and capability.
- Experience and knowledge of Software verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem space.
- Persistent nature, inquisitive attitude and results driven.
- Creative and product focussed ability to generate numerous concepts for new technologies
- Very good organisational skills - able to plan ahead and to prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines