- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson software engineers are continually transforming the way our owners interact with their machines and releasing new features for the life of the product. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the connected home era. Connected Products with advanced software and app platforms are cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation. We are looking for Software Testers to ensure the Products software represent the Quality and reliability of the Dyson brand, and can correctly respond to the owners when controlled by connected devices.
- The team work in an environment that embraces new techniques to improve and grow testing capability. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, can expresses a desire to develop test strategies to verify complex and diverse implementations across different IoT platforms (Lighting, Environmental, Professional, Beauty and Robotics).
- Review Software Requirements or Use-Cases to build Tests in an Agile team.
- Identify an Automated Software Testing Strategy for Embedded products.
- Implement Software Verification techniques in Simulators, around Hardware PCB or complete products.
- Automate Unattended Software Testing using Python in a Linux/Raspberry Pi/Arduino environment, controlled by Jenkins/Bamboo.
- Design innovative Test Automation concepts for Software/UI/BLE/Wi-Fi/AI/ML/MV
- Use of scripting languages and tools for post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
- Experience in Python/Perl/Gherkin/Behave, or basic C++/C
- Awareness of Raspberry Pi/Arduino or similar hardware for SPI/GPIO, Serial
- Providing critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature
- Wide experience and knowledge base of verification tools, their suitability and capability.
- Experience and knowledge of Software verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem space.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines