- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively andefficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Application Business Services Team
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
- Define and lead the technical vision across global IT for the Eng Ops solution architecture
- Create and own the Target Reference Architecture for the Eng Ops application portfolio with a particular focus on Manufacturing and Supply Chain capability.
- Create and maintain an architectural knowledge base for the global IT Eng Ops solution
- Identify and define the technical activities necessary to implement, manage and maintain the Target Reference Architecture (ensuring gap analysis and creation of detailed designs).
- Create, review and maintain the Dyson Eng Ops technical standards.
- Work with the projects/programme teams, integration engineers and analysts to review and drive technical compliance.
- Serve as technical liaison between the programme and the incumbent architect community and design authorities.
- Assess and quantify the risks associated with design decisions and communicate these to relevant parties.
- Review and support the delivery of the operating model components making up the service and support model to ensure they are technically fit for purpose.
- Enable a high performing team of Eng Ops technical and solution design professionals including leadership of technical architects where required
- Provide technical insight for portfolio shaping, feature development and reduction of technical debt
- Maintain alignment with Dyson enterprise principles on architectural standards
- Publish routine MI on Eng Ops risks, decisions and technical dependencies.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
Experience and a proven track record of implementing Manufacturing and Supply Chain projects
Experience of working as a solution architect, designing, architecting and implementing solutions
Experience of integration architecture
Experience working in a cloud environment
Experience with network security implementations
Experience of working in complicated multinational organisations
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Previous leadership/mentoring/coaching experience is highly preferential
Good awareness of Dev Ops would be advantageous - including Continuous Integration and Delivery using agile Configuration Management, Environment Management, Release Management practices.
Experience with industry and security standards Agile, TOGAF and PCI-DSS
Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Strong problem solving skills
Ability to build from good relationships (globally)
Ability to gather and assimilate information
Up to date knowledge of technical applications (Manufacturing & Supply Chain)
Good knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice (TOGAF/UML)
Ability to be adapt and prioritise
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions