- James Dyson Foundation
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The James Dyson Foundation (JDF), Dyson's charitable arm, introduces young people to the exciting world of engineering, encouraging them to think differently, make mistakes and realise their engineering potential. JDF works on a global scale to inspire young people about the exciting world of engineering and work closely with education bodies to ensure that young people have the knowledge and support needed to pursue their engineering ambitions. We also support medical and scientific research projects, and charitable causes that are local to Dyson.
About the role
The JDF South East Asia (SEA) Executive will be responsible for growing JDF’s presence, educational offerings, and partnerships in Malaysia, all while supporting our growth in Singapore and the Philippines. Reporting into JDF SEA Manager, the JDF SEA Executive must have a passion for JDF’s mission and a drive to communicate that mission persuasively and uphold its integrity. We are looking for an enthusiast, with good public speaking skills, to build effective partnerships with key stakeholders including education institutions, charitable bodies, and Dyson people.
Manage and build awareness of the JDF in Malaysia, collaborating with Dyson Communications and JDF Global teams.
Develop strong and meaningful partnerships with Malaysian universities to support undergraduates in their degree programmes and to secure high-quality entries for the annual James Dyson Award.
Create a targeted outreach programme with Malaysian schools and STEM organisations to support the launch of new JDF educational resources and activities.
Curate sustainable volunteering opportunities for Dyson people to amplify the work of the JDF and the James Dyson Award.
Manage the JDF Malaysia budget and all relevant projects, including setting and working to timelines.
Build effective relationships with JDF chosen charities and encourage philanthropy from Dyson people.
Assess and recommend appropriate events for the JDF to be a part of.
- Excellent project and time management skills to deal with tight deadlines.
- High energy with maturity to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Relationship builder with ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships across all levels.
- Comfortable operating within a geographically dispersed team where many key relationships are international – UK, US, Singapore, Philippines
- Self-motivated and proactive, constantly looking for new opportunities and ways to do things better.
- Effective communicator to engage with stakeholders including students, charity directors and leadership teams of education bodies.
- Strong command of English and Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in education or communications preferred.
- Based in Johor, Malaysia, but requires regular travel to Singapore as appropriate.
- Reports into the JDF SEA Manager, who is based in Singapore.
- Liaise regularly with the JDF global team, based in US and UK.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.