- Mechanical Engineering, Product Design
- Calamba - Philippines
About the roleSenior Design Engineer role shall deliver design engineering definition tasks that consider the product specification, requirements and technologies available to the company and the means to verify and validate the design. Contribute his/her design engineering capability and collaborate with other cross functional teams to create and develop new technology, product formats and business cases for projects in our portfolio.
Responsibilities include:• Own the delivery of product assembly and parts which provide market-leading performance and robustly satisfy the design requirements• Generate creative and technically-sound solutions to multi-physical challenges, using your own engineering knowledge and collaborating with technical experts across all physical disciplines• Deliver product assemblies and components from early concept to proof of principle, ensuring design for manufacture and assembly (DFM and DFA) and necessary component calculations/analyses are performed to fulfil function• Develop and own the master 3D CAD and engineering drawings for product assemblies and components along with assembly fixtures and tooling• Understand and comply with relevant International Standards• Responsible to check and sign off the engineering deliverables, including technical reports, change management, engineering CAD and drawings, etc.• Follow best practice and improve upon existing processes within the team where possible• Leads and mentors’ junior engineers to deliver innovative design solutions.• Act as a role model and provide informal support to junior engineers
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering or scientific discipline or equivalent.
- Must have more than 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and co-ordinate with work of others
- Sound understanding of physics and ability to work from first principles
- Experience of research and development through analysis, prototyping and testing and has knowledge on product lifecycle.
- Capable of performing hand calculations to provide initial design direction and confidence in simulation results
- In-depth knowledge and experience of relevant technologies, including manufacturing processes and their limitations
- Desire to learn and gain understanding of relevant physics outside your own area of expertise, in order to suggest routes for achieving an optimized balance between different considerations
- Capable of using 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages to model components in 3D and draft engineering drawings
- Practical and methodical design development through hands on rig building, prototyping and testing.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal formats
- Able to work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary project teams, and work independently with minimal guidance
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering. At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Benefits include:• All benefits are accessible from day 1• HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization• Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave• Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines • Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects• Career development and growth in a global team
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.