- Mechanical Engineering
- Calamba - Philippines
About the role
The engineer will join the growing simulation and analysis team within Motors & Power Systems to apply their skills and experience in simulation to invent the next generation of Dyson Motor technologies that enhance the company’s technical advantage in existing and future products. He/she will carry out FEA simulation models and develop analytical methods along with dedicated experimentation to verify findings. This will provide insight into various aspects of motor design to help drive motor projects from initial conception, through the various technology readiness levels, and finally into production.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different.
This is what we need you to do:
Provide, co-ordinate and support Simulation team within the Motors group and across RDD:
• Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions
are taken at all stages of the design process.
• Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
• Experience in driving new concepts from design to analysis to validation via prototype testing.
• Utilize simulation (FEA) and other analytical tools to improve and enhance the current Dyson motor technology for next generation products.
• Analyse results, summarise findings and communicate these solutions to
project teams, including senior managers and directors.
• Liaise with development and research teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into
future product range.
• Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
This is what we need you to have:
• A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering/Aerospace Engineering/Noise and Vibration/ or equivalent (Doctorate would be an advantage)
• Demonstrated ability to investigate, model and provide critical insights into complex physical phenomena such as aerodynamic performance, noise, vibration, vibro-acoustics and aero-acoustics, thermal management.
• Fundamental knowledge in one or more of the areas: Structural Dynamics, Vibrations, Rotor dynamics, Vibro-acoustics.
• Experience in using simulation analysis software such as ANSYS, Nastran, Abaqus would be advantageous
• Good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly about displacement, vibration and acoustic measurement
• Experience and understanding of rotating machinery design are preferred
• A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
• The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set
of deliverables is imperative.
• A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
• A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and relocation assistance. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition
Interview guidance:We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.