- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The role will be based in Malaysia and report to Supplier Quality Manager in Malaysia
This position will identify, manage and develop Dyson key suppliers by establishing alignment between Dyson requirements, supplier processes & capabilities and performance metrics.
In this role you will be responsible for engaging with interfacing teams and functions beginning from NPD/I (New Product Development/Introduction) phase for all product categories through to end of product life.
1. Supplier Quality Management, Development and Supplier process improvement (65%)
• Working with the supplier/s ensure that their process capability is established, agreed, understood and monitored
• Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
• Ensure suppliers Quality readiness for NPI and SOP for all product categories
• Working with the supplier directly, create corrective action plans to address process failures.
• Review supplier manufacturing processes/yield, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
• Regularly communicate with Engineering, Manufacturing Quality, and Procurement internally to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
• Collect and maintain supplier performance metrics.
• Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Product Quality to ensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues.
• Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Product Quality to ensure that the suppliers capabilities are understood and any gaps in requirements are planned for closure
• Ensure that alignment and agreement is reached between Supplier/s Engineering and/or Manufacturing for Dyson drawing sign offs, taking in to account the suppliers capabilities to meet the requirements
• Assist Procurement in conducting Supplier Audits, reviews assessments and categorizations of new and existing suppliers for selection and de-selection
2. Support corrective action process (10%)
• Ensure that Suppliers RCCA process meets minimum Dyson requirements and expectations
• Participate in SEA Quality meetings and present purchased part or product quality issues.
• Investigate reported external quality issues that are believed to be purchased part or product driven and present findings at SEA Quality meetings.
• Perform, lead or coordinate root cause analysis on purchased part or product quality issues and work issue through containment phase of corrective action process.
• Communicate and instruct suppliers on the use of a corrective action process and quality tools & techniques.
• Participate in the Corrective Action Review Board (CAR)
3. Support Supplier Qualification and Disqualification (25%)
• Maintain supplier performance and audit results.
• Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and maintain supplier quality scorecard.
• Recommend suppliers for qualification and / or disqualification based upon quality performance in conjunction with Procurement and Engineering.
• Candidate must possess a Degree or Diploma in Engineering with minimum 5 years' experience in an engineering/quality capacity in a manufacturing environment
• Strong technical background in moulding/spray painting, metal-stamping, rubber, packaging and Quality management
• Extensive experience is specifically required in issue management techniques, tools and methods e.g. 8D, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, DOE etc…
• Demonstrate understanding in full of engineering specs for component or assembly sourcing.
• Issue Management - Able to successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions
• Experience in working in an environment where specification and process are not always predetermined.
• Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views.
• Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and application of Lessons Learnt mindset