- Salary based on experience and credentials
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Chicago - USA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Support the supply planning function for Dyson US by analyzing stock projections and collaborating with the Dyson planning team in Southeast Asia on production needs for finished goods, ensuring targeted US inventory KPI’s are met.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
Support overall supply planning process for US consumer and commercial businesses.
- Submit weekly/monthly demand plans by SKU by warehouse to production planning team in Malaysia
- Liaise with Malaysian manufacturing team and third-party ocean carrier to ensure timely and accurate delivery of product into US
- Work with Demand Planning team to maintain appropriate levels of inventory in third-party warehouses to meet 12-month rolling demand plan and to achieve corporate stock objectives
- Assist local marketing and sales teams with planning for new product launches and exclusive skus
- Communicate with Malaysian manufacturing team on a bi-monthly conference call to ensure production plans meet demand plan
Analyze domestic supply chain product flow movements and manage requests made from group inventory compliance.
- Report monthly inventory projections by sku to monitor investment in working capital
- Drive profitability by minimizing product obsolescence
- Ensure correct inventory locations/timing to meet customer requirements
- Divert containers, team trucking, warehouse stock transfers
Manage allocation process for items with capacity constraints
- Identify and communicate potential capacity constraints to necessary parties
- Update demand/supply sheets weekly
- Prepare internal allocation report for key retailers to help maximize sales when inventory is low
- Assist in managing customer orders
- Work closely with Sales and Order Processing and Account Managers to analyze shipments vs. plan
Fulfill other duties as needed.
- Invoice creations for international territories
- Receipt alignment report
- Process freight forwarder invoices and resolve discrepancies
- Develop and recommend improvements to current operating procedures
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Very organized with excellent follow-up
· Numerically Proficient
· Adaptable/flexible – able to multi task
· Team player
SkillsExperience and Education
· Bachelor’s degree required- Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or Logistics preferred
· 1+ years’ experience in a supply chain role required, consumer goods organization experience preferred”
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
· Strong communication skills
· SAP planning experience preferredDemonstrated understanding of supply chain concepts
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.