- Manufacturing and tooling, Product Design
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
About the roleDyson are looking for a Support technician to work within the Design & product experience team. As Support technician you will be responsible for maintaining a workshop as well as facilitating the needs of the wider design team.
You will be knowledgeable of making, using, and maintaining workshop and prototyping equipment.
- Maintaining various types of manual workshop equipment such as band saw, disk sander, pillar drill, lathe, and mill.
- Constantly aware of the latest challenges and potential opportunities that arise in prototyping development and manufacturing.
- Collaborate with our global network of modellers, designers, and engineers
- enthusiastic and approachable individual keen to transfer skills and open to learning new skills
- Plan and oversee all aspects of the day to day running of an allocated workshop or workshop area
- Provide the health and safety training of all staff and visitors within the workshop area, including keeping detailed records of training
- Organise the maintenance and upkeep of all mechanical equipment and CAD/CAM machines within the workshop which may include standard equipment, Laser, CNC mill and 3D printer including cleaning, fixing minor repairs, organise servicing and larger repairs of equipment
- Administrative duties to ensure the workshop is well run, with efficient resource for the modelling team. pricing and ordering of equipment, sourcing new and existing materials, tools, and consumables. Onboarding new suppliers and setting up NDA’s
- Record keeping and archiving and retrieval of models, prototypes, sample products material/fabric samples, review equipment and rigs.
- 3 year’s experience in a workshop environment
- Experienced in creating risk assessments and COSHH documents
- Knowledgeable operating workshop and prototyping equipment
- IT skills, Excel, word, PowerPoint
- Excellent communicator with the ability to clearly present ideas both verbally and visually.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, possessing an inquisitive mind, with an ability to solve problems in a practical and efficient manner.
- You will be expected to be highly efficient, and have a good rapport with team members
- Clear understanding of health and safety law and Implications of non-compliance on others.
- Accredited Health & Safety certificates
- A knowledge and interest in Product design, engineering, and creative industries.
- Competent and knowledgeable in the use of computer aided manufacturing equipment in a range of materials including plastics and metal.
- Undertaking any other reasonable task or duty within technical competency, which may be necessary.
- The nature of the research work is constantly changing, skills must be updated and new one's learned.
Benefits27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays Pension scheme Performance related bonus Private medical insurance Life assurance Sport centre Free on-site parking Subsidised café and restaurants Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.