- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThe Finance Department are currently looking for an experienced Systems Accountant to work across multiple family office entities to achieve the highest standards in maintaining and developing the finance systems and associated processes to meet organisational requirements, providing training and developing and overseeing arrangements for systems administration.
- Ensure system administration arrangements are in line with delegated authorities and provide for an effective control environment.
- Support IT where appropriate in resolving end-user finance system queries.
- Support the identification and delivery of end-user and superuser training requirements.
- Develop best practice and ensure consistency in finance processes across all teams and entities.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of financial processes, including user guides.
- Provide support to end-users in the development and testing of reports.
- Engage with system user groups and contribute to the management of arising opportunities and risks.
- Support finance system upgrades.
- Work with teams to review, design and document finance system workflows.
- Contribute to developing solutions to improve/automate financial processes.
- Help the teams to evaluate, design, plan, implement and test new requirements.
- Undertake and assist with managing business change projects related to finance systems, including initial project viability/benefits.
- Represent Finance in key IT related projects which effect finance systems.
- Co-ordinate and support reviews of finance policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across the company and other family office entities.
- Commitment to developing yourself within your role; undergoing training where necessary.
- Proactively promoting and maintaining high standards of work – taking initiative to resolve and/or draw attention to areas that don’t meet required standards or any issues that arise.
- Conducting yourself in line with the Weybourne Values.
- Any other ad hoc duties.
- Qualified accountant.
- Extensive experience in managing, operating and improving financial systems.
- Experience of successfully integrating finance systems with other in-house systems (e.g. purchase ordering, travel & expense management, banking systems).
- An understanding of financial controls and reflecting these through workflows and controls in financial systems.
- Excellent information technology skills including advanced Excel and a good understanding of databases, data uploads, extraction, and interfaces with other systems.
- Excellent team working skills including the ability to contribute proactively and supportively to the delivery of company and family office entity initiatives.
- A strong networker with a high level of interpersonal skills who can interact and gain the confidence and trust of a wide range of stakeholders and diverse user base/skillset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain information clearly to non-finance staff and senior staff.
- Strong analytical, numeric and critical reasoning skills and able to identify innovative yet practical solutions to complex problems.
- Keen to suggest improvements to current ways of working.
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and tasks.
- A completer finisher.
- Open and flexible to the changing demands of the organisation.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Desirable Competency – Sequel knowledge
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Eyecare scheme
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.