- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As a key member, you will support our Research, Design and Development (RDD) functions in Malmesbury. We therefore require a proactive recruitment specialist who can directly source global Engineering talent, manage candidates and stakeholders and partner the business to bring in the right talent for these teams in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
Our Research and Science teams – scientists, mechanical engineers and specialists across each product category – are the experimenters and risk-takers behind Dyson problem-solving. Whether it's in-house development, sourcing outside technology partners, or driving collaboration with partner universities, we lead the way in finding the next generation of Dyson technology.
About the role
- Work proactively with Hiring Managers, Heads of Department and HRBPs to manage recruitment processes, filling permanent and FTC roles through directly identifying best talent using most cost effective methodologies.
- Autonomously running end to end recruitment including candidate sourcing, reviewing applications, interviewing and assessment - providing responsive feedback and support on the offer/new starter process to ensure best candidate experience.
- Proactively sourcing candidates to ensure best quality shortlist to present to the business
- Partner proactively with HRBPs and hiring managers to understand the future needs of the business and understand its implications for talent management and resourcing.
- Work with hiring managers to develop appropriate attraction strategies and share best practices.
- Writing engaging recruitment adverts and evaluating the effectiveness of recruitment activity and make changes where necessary.
- Design and facilitate suitable interview and assessment methods for recruitment campaigns as appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of market awareness and best practice, advising the business on specific trends and updates that will affect resourcing.
- Have up to date knowledge of current and planned legislation regarding recruitment and ensure that Dyson is operating within the parameters of this at all times.
- Identify and lead on areas of added value project work in line with business need.
- Work with the Talent Development team to identify and work with internal talent to engage employees with career progression opportunities.
- Ensure that recruitment is a cost focused area within the business.
- Work with the Talent Acquisition Lead to produce and keep up to date with recruitment management information to ensure KPIs are measured.
- Improve hiring manager’s capability with the interviewing processes and proactive networking through recruitment sites such as LinkedIn
- Manage third party suppliers when appropriate (agencies, contractors, media buyers)
- Complete recruitment related administration as required (rejections, interview invitations, room bookings, contracts etc.)
About youWe're looking for someone with proven, in-house recruitment experience having handled the recruitment of technical professionals (either broad engineering or technical recruitment background). Evidence of proactive sourcing, ability to identify niche skills and entice further conversations resulting in an application.
You will come with a good understanding of UK recruitment/employment law, excellent project co-ordination skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and able to make informed and robust decisions to influence key business heads accordingly.
Additional skills and experience:
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Experience of e-recruitment practices
- Experience of designing, delivering and evaluating assessment tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to influence and negotiate effectively
- Enjoys working within a strong team environment
- A real passion and enthusiasm for recruitment
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.