- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleThe Group Functions & Commercial Talent & Development Lead is responsible for talent management and development for our Group Functions & Commercial population. They will be a talent scout, partnering with their business leadership teams and HRBPs to identify, develop, retain and progress talent across Dyson. This role will report to the Head of Talent and Succession as part of the Global Talent Team and have a strong dotted reporting line to the Global HR Director.
- Understand Dyson talent management philosophy, and coach the business on having a strong talent management approach in their people strategy
- Leverage global frameworks, processes and approaches with local nuance as required, to embed a calendar of activities that will enable Dyson to identify, manage and develop our talent
- Maintain a strong and up to date understanding of business priorities and organisation capability needs and be well placed to support or challenge on key talent and critical role decisions
- Work as one team with Talent Acquisition colleagues to ensure internal and external talent is benchmarked and understood; Act as an advisor to the business on the full talent landscape; ensure internal talent are mobilized and prioritized for career opportunities.
- Be an active member in the global talent team community; Bring expertise, fresh perspectives, share best practices and represent the needs of your business area/region.
- Lead the Talent Review cycle, partnering with leadership and HR teams to ensure a high level of participation, resulting in relevant actions plans for your business area.
- Embed Talent Forums (minimum quarterly) across your business area/region as a platform to raise profiles, address risks, improve career progression and internal mobility. Use talent data to drive rich conversation and action.
- Represent your business area/region at regular Global Talent Forums; surface talent for opportunities and encourage risk-tasking and across functional/regional moves to build well-rounded future leaders.
- Know your key talent, maintaining a pulse on their development, risk and readiness for career progression; Ensure each has a development plan linked to their target role, that is implemented.
- Apply talent data and insights to have action-oriented conversation with stakeholders around retention and development of key talent
- Champion and build manager capability to have great career conversations and build practical development plans
- Nominate key talent to join global talent initiatives/programmes that are relevant to their development needs; Influence development of future global talent development initiatives and programmes
- Partner your business area/region to embed a robust succession planning approach. Maintain “live” succession plans and proactively follow-up on the actions required for the critical roles in your business area/region
- On an annual basis, work with the HR teams and Reward team on the forecasting of resource needs to represent the internal flow of talent with the need to recruit new talent
- Champion diversity and equitable opportunity. Educate, challenge and influence the business to create balanced and effective teams made up of individuals with diverse skills and experiences.
- Take a lead role on a global initiative to develop a global understanding of the impact and implementation requirements, while also building a network that spans multiple markets and business areas.
About youThis role requires a passionate, clear-thinking, tenacious, adventurous and robust leader. They will question accepted ways of doing things, defend a point of view, collaborate ceaselessly across the business and have a clear focus on getting things done. They will identify problems and solve them. They will meet hurdles and surmount them. Most importantly, they will execute with relentlessly high standards at all times, with the future business success of Dyson as their goal.
To accomplish all of the above successfully at Dyson, people invariably have the majority of the following personal traits:
- Commitment to and belief in technology, design and engineering
- Excellent commercial understanding and adept at getting under the skin of what makes Dyson and its people tick
- Good consulting skills and proven judgement of people-based objectivity and intelligence
Qualifications you possess
- Degree qualification ideally in a business or Human Resources related field
- Knowledge of talent management and development, employment legislation, systems, policy and procedures
- Minimum 8 years’ career experience with 5 years in a similar role
- Excellent English and knowledge of local language/culture as applicable
- Working in a fast-paced team environment with high volume activities and changing priorities
- Familiar with a matrix-style management structure, with key stakeholders overseas, and a UK/SG (or international) head-office
- Fast-paced, growing organisation with entrepreneurial spirit
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.