- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Retail (Head Office)
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. We have huge growth plans for our Direct Retail portfolio which include Global Flagship, Local Flagship, and boutique stores where the Store Manager and their team will be responsible for creating a seamless and consistent Dyson Experience to capture the hearts and minds of our owners. We are looking for creativity, a free thinker, and someone who knows how to use their retail space to educate and excite people about technology and our machines.
In partnership with the Head of Direct Retail, you will be responsible for creating experiences that defy convention. Your love for leading others, technology, and design means you will know each Dyson machine inside and out and will be the first to learn, share, and inspire your team’s passion for innovation.
As the Store Manager, you will develop a team to lead People, Operations, and Social Engagement. You will leverage your business acumen to create and execute actionable plans to forecast and manage your P+L, while driving key metrics. You must be an enthusiastic champion for the reputation inside and outside Dyson, committed to establishing an iconic experience.
- Responsible for elevating the in store guest experience by delivering engaging demos with every customer
- Demonstrate sales leadership by taking an active role on the demo floor coaching and mentoring the team
- Lead highly visible retail store operations
- Navigate ambiguity and manage change
- Build, execute and gain leadership alignment on strategies to drive store operations and customer experience
- Create and execute best practices to improve sales or profitability and share those best practices with key business leaders
- Hire and train an effective demo store team. Consistently observe and assess capabilities to create development and training plans for career growth
- Build strong cross-functional and remote relationships
- Be a leader in the community; network and partner with the events team you will create, plan and execute in store events to drive foot traffic into Dyson
- Manage store P+L to achieve company targets
- Analyze sales data to effectively forecast sales and product mix
Minimum of 5 years robust experience in a customer facing retail setting
3+ years of retail store management experience required
Bachelor Degree strongly preferred
Bi-lingual language proficiency is a plus
Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic team player, driven by exceeding sales performance aspirations and creating an innovative customer experience
Energetic and outgoing personality with strong communications skills
Ability to be a strong and enthusiastic People leader, coaching and training team members
Must take a leadership role in daily store operations
Ability to navigate ambiguity and change
Always experimenting; always learning; Embraces innovation
Always acting with integrity, empathy and respect towards people, co-workers, owners, partners and products
Putting customers at the center of our decisions
Tenacious in delivering our best to get the right results, in the right way
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Medical, dental & vision benefits
Free product ownership program
Paid holidays and vacation
Paid sick time
Employee referral program
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.