- Salary will be based upon experience and credentials.
- Chicago - USA
Coordinate and execute tax and other government compliance tasks.
AccountabilitiesCoordinate Sales Tax Process:
- Ensure sales tax returns are filed on a timely basis.
- Implement sales tax for newly added jurisdictions, coordinating Vertex Software, SAP, and other supporting systems (web store).
- Manage sales tax exemption certificates for qualifying customers.
- Monitor drop ship orders for sales tax compliance.
- Troubleshoot sales tax issues as they arise.
- Liaise with external tax preparer to coordinate the mailing & filing for federal and multi-state quarterly tax estimates and annual tax returns.
- Support tax initiatives.
- Work with the Group Customs Compliance Manager to implement local customs compliance processes and customs legislative requirements
- Support local customs compliance process and periodic audits.
- Prepare periodic customs reconciliation filings.
- Periodically review, update and maintain CTPAT documentation.
- Assist with review of broker/customs related financials.
- Troubleshoot customs issues, as required by the business.
- Coordinate response to all federal, state and local tax notices.
- Manage unclaimed property filings as required.
- Maintain tax calendar for all key filing dates and requirements.
- Ensure Personal property returns are filed on a timely basis.
- Prepare applications for SOS & DOR as required.
- Assist with audits by taxing authorities.
- Responsible for 1099’s.
- College credit or degree in accounting or tax strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in a sales, use, and personal property tax role preferred.
- Advanced with Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and typing skills.
- Ability to be proactive and able to anticipate needs based upon changing circumstances.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing needs for a department.
- Schedule flexibility including overtime where necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and personable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.