- Singapore - Singapore
We are looking for a bright, motivated and entrepreneurial person to support the Product Communications Director and the wider Product Communications team.
This role provides the operations and administrative support that keeps the team running efficiently and effectively. If you are well organised, people focused, and a problem solver, this could be a role for you. It will be a busy and rewarding role; quite possibly a stepping stone to a communications focused role in the team.
AccountabilitiesPersonal Assistant Support
- Co-ordinate and proactively manage the Diary of the Director of Communications: handling and rescheduling diary requests, organising delegates, monitoring acceptances and declines, whilst prioritising and filtering out non-essential meetings. This will require you to plan ahead, anticipating busy periods and supporting constantly changing priorities.
- Manage and coordinate regular and complex travel itineraries including transport, accommodation, visa requirements and expenses.
- Manage meetings: preparing reports, presentations and dashboards – sometimes at short notice. Booking rooms and venues as well as recording and communicating minutes and actions where required.
- Expense claim management for Communication Director.
- Occasional out of hours requirements as required by the business.
Wider Team Support
- Providing guidance and support on travel booking (domestic and international) for communications team and international visitors.
- Managing the availability and servicing of the Press office car: including ensuring the appropriate maintenance as well as the relationship with the parking company.
- Compiling and circulating rotas for the communications team and well as developing, creating and maintaining procedural documentation.
- Managing email distribution lists for the international communications teams. Monitoring the inbox and responding to enquiries in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate global inductions for new starters, including procurement of IT equipment for new starters and visitors.
- Setting up suppliers and ensuring the prompt payment of invoices for the Product Communications Team, including liaison with the accounts team with budget tracking for the Dyson Product communications budget.
- Undertake additional and or other responsibilities to meet business requirements.
Media and VIP hosting
- Organising meetings as required, ensuring they run professionally, that visitors are given a warm welcome and the appropriate hospitality.
- Ensuring the smooth running of IT and technology for meetings (including Board and Exec team meetings)
- Liaison with the Dyson RDD property/facilities team, to ensure that spaces are well prepared and convenient to host media tours as required
- Health & Safety: including fire safety and first aid in cooperation with the store staff (training offered).
- Post and couriers
You’ll need to:
- Show an enthusiasm for Dyson: our technology, our products and what makes us tick. You’ll be an expert at talking about and demonstrating all that is different about Dyson.
- Be confident dealing with people, numbers, words and admin and show the utmost discretion and professionalism at all times.
- Manage projects and events, you’ll be fastidious in your organisation and have an eye for the detail.
- Work up, down and across the Dyson world – in particular you will bring together the various teams that use the space.
- Be willing to tackle any challenge, perform the odd magic trick and make people laugh, all accepting that you will make a few mistakes along the way
The role requires a self-motivated and dedicated person with excellent commercial awareness and discretion. In addition, this role requires you to have:
- Exceptional IT skills, strong organisational experience with an ability to prioritise workloads whilst coping with a high pace working environment.
- Confidence when dealing with anyone. You’ll be interested in news and current affairs – able to discuss the latest events and news with anyone who asks, including Dyson’s most senior leaders.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ‘can-do’ attitude. You’ll have an inquisitive and creative mind. You’ll be hard working, unflappable and passionate.
- You may see this as a stepping stone to a Communications role in the team.