- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
Our new product teams take radical new ideas and develop them into reality. They explore the limits of our technology and optimise it through relentless experimenting, testing and iterating.
The NPI Software Team (NST) works with the teams in NPI (New Product Innovation) and NPD (New Product Development) to explore new features and technology to evolve the proposition for our next generation Dyson products. The team is multi-disciplinary and covers embedded, app and cloud with engineers operating in each of those areas.
The team has adopted Agile and is operating using SAFe in 10-week program increments in order to bring more rigour and control to the process of resolving the product propositions. The Product Owner role is key to the success of this model, and due to the volume of work, more product owners are needed to help expand the team.
About the role
Our Technical Product Owner will be the NPI Software Team customer focal point with the various upstream teams for several projects, including NPI Design Engineering, UX/UI & Tech Research. You will understand the needs and risks of each of the project(s) and to work with those stakeholders to agree the strategy goals for NST to achieve a successful handover to NPD. You will work with the other Technical Product Owner’s to agree priorities of different projects against each other, considering the delivery team's needs, to address the key risks which should also drive goals for the team, to ensure the proposition is fully resolved and proven. Once the goals are clear, you will work with the NPI Software Team scrum team(s) to constantly refine the backlog work ready for planning in the next programme increments and feeding back to the customers what will and won’t be done. The role also requires reviewing the development teamwork and agreeing it is complete and helping to facilitate customer demos. The Technical Product Owner is also expected to work with the NPI Software Team tech leads to feed in the technology needs of the future programs to support the NPI Software Team technology runway development.
- Working with stakeholders to continuously review and balance the views of the business refine priorities
- Become the go-to subject matter expert for new products software at Dyson
- Maintains a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to all stakeholders.
- Refine the backlog (EPICs and Stories) with the development teams
- You’ll prioritise the backlog across multiple sources and stakeholders.
- You’ll work to align our program increments delivery plans with the development teams' capabilities and help define wider integration plans across the Dyson RDD organisation within the SAFe framework.
- As an advocate of Agile, you will have a strong understanding of Agile development best practices
- You will champion Agile practices and support the team as we evolve our Agile workflow
- You’ll provide concise reporting on product roadmap planning and delivery.
- A successful product owner, technical product owner or product manager with experience in software delivery, preferably mobile apps, web services and embedded systems
- Significant experience working in an Agile team as a Scrum Product Owner.
- A Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) qualification a bonus
- It’s essential you’re a self-starter and able to drive early concepts through to production
- Experience eliciting and managing requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident presenting your work and representing the team at all levels.
- You’ll be able to build consensus with stakeholders to ensure we deliver what our customers and the wider business needs.
- You’ll have a breadth of product & technical knowledge to support an integrated delivery approach
- Ideally, familiar with Atlassian Confluence and JIRA
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.