- Project Management
- Hullavington, United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge –more categories, more locations and more people.
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. In 2016 we launched our first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries. By leveraging our culture of design and engineering excellence with an innovative start-up mentality we won the 2016 T3 Connected product of the year, and our ambitions for 2021 and beyond are even more exciting. If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you!
About the role
Connected machines are a new space for Dyson where we aim to continue our reputation of being innovative and disruptive. We’re building a world-class development team and adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision of the connected space. The team have full responsibility for delivery of the Dyson Link IoT platform to production, including new features, integrations and territories. In order to deliver our exciting plans we’re adopting Agile practices across the development team to quickly iterate, refine and validate our ideas and launch them to users across the globe.
Reporting to the Lead Technical Product Owner, the Technical Product Owner will hold a key role within the development team, responsible for delivering new features and product integrations in the Dyson Link platform. You will collaborate with product engineering teams, feature designers, UX designers, app developers and our QA team to capture user stories and non-functional requirements to feed our sprint plans.
- You’ll work from the perspective of our customers and represent their needs to the development team, balancing with business requirements.
- You’ll prioritise the backlog across multiple sources and stakeholders.
- You will become the go-to subject matter expert for your area of the Dyson Link platform.
- You’ll work to align on our sprint delivery plans with Scrum teams and help define wider integration plans across the Dyson RDD organisation.
- You’ll be an experienced Product Owner with demonstrable success delivering software and systems in a fast-paced ideally using Agile
- A breadth of technical knowledge across software delivery, ideally with a mobile and/or web focus
- Experience working with connected products or IoT applications is an advantage
- As a skilled communicator, you’ll be able to collaborate across teams and geography to capture user stories for new features and communicate progress at all levels.
- It’s essential you’re a self-starter and able to drive early concepts through to production
- Clear focus and drive for delivery – you’ll be able to find and maintain focus and priority in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Curious, inventive and creative - be prepared to solve tough problems and look beyond convention.
- Resilient - prepared to be challenged and thrive in change
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.