- Manufacturing and tooling, Project Management
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams will continue to grow as Dyson ramp up forays into different areas.
About the roleBased in Dyson's new facility in Senai I-Park, Malaysia, the Technical Program Management (TPM) Team is responsible for complete end to end delivery for NPI projects. When assigned to an NPI project in a specific category, the TPM Project Manager would assess the complexity of the NPI and work with the major Engineering Function to allocate resources for it. The Engineering functions are Tooling, Production Equipment, and Manufacturing Test with PCBA. The TPM PM would setup key engineering checkpoints to assess progress and also to act as an approval checkpoints for Senior Management.
- Managing an NPI project from its Initialisation to Installation to 3 months into mass production.
- Managing a cross functional team from Tooling, Production Equipment, Test and PCBA to deliver the NPI on expectations.
- Responsible for the various aspect of a NPI project.
- Technical deliveries
- Overall project plan
- Reviewing NPI complexity and defining a resource plan to support it, getting a buyoff from the various Engineering functions and working with them to staff up.
- Setup various checkpoints and get canvas stake holders buy in.
- Driving the various engineering functions to setup their deliverables with clear checkpoints; this would also include to certain degree inputs from design.
- The TPM PM would be the owner of the plan to deliver the necessary processes / equipment for the NPI.
- Ensuring that each functions build in the right protocol into their plan. Example IQ/OQ/PQ or DFM and Mold flow analysis.
- Reviewing and getting alignment with Program Management and Operations Management on the project deliverables.
- Conducting periodic review on the NPI and in turn provide a project summary to senior management.
- Establishing a working rapport with teams outside the Engineering Team that is essential to a NPI. Namely the RDD and Operations functions.
- Creating a tracker for the project in the category; tracking Project Health, Timeline adherence, Capital spend, and projected risks.
- Creating a positive and collaborative environment with the cross functional team.
- Be a critical member of the team providing inputs from Manufacturing / Operations standpoint.
- Be a point of escalation and challenges resolution as and when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Communications, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Must have strong willingness to learn new things and challenge the existing production test/assembly method.
- Shown to have a good “Engineering Sense” that could be applied in areas outside core expertise.
- Has directly or indirectly manage a team of at least 5 people.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to short term relocate to UK and or where the projected is located (3 to 6 months) and frequent travel to MY.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in a NPI environment.
- Experience in a regulated environment following or setting protocols like IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Has operated in an out-sourced environment; understanding the challenges and pit falls.
- Having a PMP certification is a bonus
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.