- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson develop products which are deliberately different and verifiably better than the competition. These solutions are increasingly complex and require closer and closer integration of traditionally separate engineering disciplines. We’re rapidly expanding our product systems engineering team to help us manage that complexity and ultimately get our new ideas to market sooner.
About the roleWe are looking for a talented PM to join Dyson’s New Product Development (NPD) team. This exciting position will be working within our fast growing, revolutionary Hair Care Category.The Programme Management team and this role have a high level of visibility, benefiting from a close relationship with the HC Senior Leadership team, which enables them to deliver, alongside the hugely talented team of engineers and scientists.
This role will see you be a member of the Hair Care project management team, where you will project manage the delivery of new products from early stages through to the project transfer to our SEA based teams. As a Project Manager at Dyson, you will ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner and gain a sufficient level of understanding of the development to be able to communicate the projects status to management, whilst being comfortable in challenging the paradigm when required.You will work across all disciplines of design, research, procurement, manufacturing, commercial, marketing, quality and finance with multiple stakeholders to ensure an integrated project delivery strategy aligns to the wider business strategy. Our briefs can often be loose and changeable, so you must be comfortable in a fast moving, ambiguous environment. Skills in managing a dynamic environment will be critical to the role.• Manage and communicate project status between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions
• Ensure the team use established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards
• Information management – governance and organisation of project related information.
• Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and support finance in overall project cost management.
• Take an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and help support that resolution Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time,
• specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
• Work with development teams to ensure new technologies maximize the performance of new products
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
• Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrable experience product development and/or product launch (preferable).
• Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, stakeholder management and communication, resource management).
• Strong communicator; able to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence at project level regardless of geographical locations.
• You will be confident, detail driven and passionate; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
• Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required.
• Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.
• Ability to multi-task and in a high paced and ambiguous environment where priorities shifted fast.
• Demonstrate ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and self-motivated who thrives in a dynamic environment.
Benefits• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines#LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.