- Information Technology, Legal
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
In short, as more of an IT biased role this will be accountable for the development and deployment of high-end software and hardware solutions in line with our global technology strategy. This includes security solutions, server management, software/hardware deployment, technology integration and project support.
- Integration of the Dyson technical security solutions globally, including; CCTV, access control platforms, intruder detection systems (IDS), monitoring systems and communication platforms.
- Configuring, building, integrating, and maintaining physical security servers in the operational environment
- The deployment of new hardware and software security solutions
- Conducting security system commissioning, globally if directed.
- Optimizing the technical performance and capacity characteristics of security system operating environments to ensure maximum efficiency
- Performing system installations, refreshes, backups and upgrades
- Systems fault diagnosis and repair
- Provide train-the-trainer sessions on new procedures and techniques to 1st line system users for effective operation
- Keeping abreast of technological solutions. Attending IFSEC and other associated conferences as directed
- Supporting the Global Technical Security Manager with developing/deploying conceptual designs and bespoke engineered solutions
- The candidate is preferably from an IT background, knowledge in security is advantageous but not essential
- An understanding of Electronic principles
- A working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers
- Sound working knowledge of managed network infrastructure specifically Cisco
- Understanding of the installation and maintenance of IP based CCTV
- Experienced in the set-up of CCTV analytics systems is advantageous
- Extensive knowledge of Physical Servers, preferably Microsoft. There configuration maintenance and redundancy
- SQL Database Management experience – Data transfer techniques
- Skilled in hardware/software integration techniques
- 27 days holiday & statutory bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Performance related bonus.
- Life Assurance.
- Discounts on Dyson machines.