- Software Engineering and Connectivity, The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As part of The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology, you will be responsible for development of the software knowledge and skills of the Undergraduates on our General Engineering Degree. Working closely with the Technical Manager, UK Technical Director and staff from the University of Warwick, you will ensure that the course is ready for delivery to the Undergraduates and that the software rotations in the workplace reinforce the taught content. You will lead the development of the modules for the software stream in years three and four.
- Lead and support line managers with the development of training and projects that support and apply the learning from the academic course.
- Lead the development of all software modules, monitor delivery, iterate and improve.
- Support the recruitment team to select the next cohort of students for The Dyson Institute through interviews and assessment of their technical capabilities.
- Work with the Technical Manager and Development Manager to redesign and deliver an induction programme for the cohort of Undergraduates each year before they start their degree programme.
- Manage all relevant teaching, laboratories and training delivered on site for the Undergraduates.
- Work with University of Warwick to manage student performance on the degree programme.
- Co-ordinate exams and assessment of Undergraduate work.
- Support Undergraduates with technical problems they may encounter on their course or within their roles.
- Support the development of the Undergraduates into the right technical roles and specialisms as they progress at Dyson.
- Manage and maintain the teaching and Laboratory space going forward to ensure it is safe, well organised and run.
- Good degree or Masters in Computer Science, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Good analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
- Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values.
- Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Excellent team-working skills
- A passion for mentoring and development of people.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines