- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our aim, as Dyson IT, is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Global IT Strategy, Platforms and Enablement Overview
This team are accountable for delivering the IT strategy that aligns to and forms part of the broader Dyson strategic blueprint. It will take the lead in bringing technology insights to this strategy and mobilising innovative technology centres of excellence to accelerate the delivery of the strategic intents called out in the blueprint.
The team will lead on the optimisation of resource across people, finances and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right order.
The team lead on enabling and co-ordinating cross pillar activity, at all levels in IT, to ensure consistency of process and outcome is achieved, particularly around service management best practice.
About the role
- With experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of leading an IT team working as part of a global matrix managed team.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Strong business acumen.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Natural collaborator, open to challenge yet assertive.
- Strong leader.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
The CoE Technical Specialist is an SME in their area of technology with 10+ years background in IT with 5+ years in designing, building and implementing the technology solutions. The expectation is that they are 40% on-hands (building) and 60% hands-off (designing)
- The Technical Specialist, reporting to the Manager Centre of Excellence, will be responsible for:
- Developing and supporting Dyson’s Centre of Excellence function across multiple platforms and architectures in their given area of expertise.
- Providing support in the areas of IT Strategy, Operating Model and Infrastructure support for the platform
- Inputs into the Roadmaps for cross pillar, regional and application services
- They work alongside the CoE Architect to produce the Detailed Design Document / Low Level Design (LLD) documents that will be reused as the reference architecture across all Dyson’s technology environments
- They are responsible for all Proof of Concepts (PoC) for new services being developed in their area.
- Undertake analysis of technical issues, translating the analysis into technical designs that describe a solution and how to implement to fix the technical issues
- Works alongside the other CoE and IT pillar architecture functions to ensure solutions align to designs, tooling, standards and policies.
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.