- Manufacturing and tooling, Quality and Reliability
- JB, Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Our technicians will drive the execution of our Test and Verification plans, taking output from Verification Engineers, and Engineering SMEs. Our contributions will span the product lifecycle through development to start of mass production
- Ensuring ongoing lab compliance with both Dyson’s and Malaysia Country standards of occupational health & safety.
- Actively focusing on continuous improvement of occupational health and safety conditions within the lab.
- Assisting engineers to develop test rigs as appropriate to test requirements across the team.
- Assisting engineers with test capability improvement in terms of capacity, space and cost.
- Hands-on experience with trouble-shooting industrial machines is an added advantage.
- Good familiarity and experience with schematic diagrams and engineering drawing interpretation.
- Pro-active involvement in the identification of test rig requirements in order to support the project.
- Assisting the test team to develop automated process to improve current practices and outcomes.
- Test rig qualification. A good knowledge of Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Providing good engineering solutions towards technical issues that may arise during development of test methods.
- Being the first line of defense for any outstanding issues with ongoing tests or rigs.
- Ensuring all required consumables, equipment, tools, etc. are stocked in an optimal fashion.
- Other related tasks may be given in addition to the above main task
- Recognized Diploma in preferably Electrical / Electronics/ Mechatronics Engineering.•Broad mechanical engineering skills, with a solid understanding of electrical engineering & heat transfer.
- Working experience of 1-2 years as Technician in Testing or Engineering environment is preferred.
- Experience in managing a small team of operators / leaders will be added advantage.
- Self-driven with strong willingness to learn new things and challenge the existing test methods to ensure accuracy and robustness, with the ability to think out of the box. Able to work independently as well as in a group effectively. Capable of working under pressure, multi-task, commit to tight deadlines and able to think and react promptly.
- Reasonable command of the English language is a definite advantage.
- Specific Skills (Lab Operations) - Candidate with basic knowledge of testing operations or equipment maintenance (5S, Lean, GR&R, SPC, OSHA18001) is preferred.
- Specific Skills (Statistics) – Experience in using Minitab/Weibull or other equivalent tools will be an added advantage.
- Tools & processes
- Dyson product development process
- Risk management (e.g. DFMEA)
- 6-sigma toolsets
- TeamCentre lifecycle management