- Quality and Reliability , Research Engineering
- Calamba - Philippines
About the roleSearch is on for creative tech savvy Engineers to join Dyson’s global Test Development Team, in order to keep pace with Dyson’s ambition for incremental growth in product categories and product range in the coming years.
The right candidate can be excited with prospects of being able to develop, in conjunction with R&D Engineers, test methodologies that are deployed to stress test new product designs, product offerings, fulfilling a desire to ensure delivery of a robust and quality product to consumers and, at the same time drive continuous improvements to existing methodologies, keeping pace with automation technologies.
To do so, the candidate must be self-directed, comfortable with working across development teams & product offerings and be unafraid of getting their hands dirty.
- Interrogate design specifications with a view to formulate development of test procedure(s) and acceptance criteria required for product verification.
- Where applicable, ensure verification tests conform to international standards (IEC, ASTM, QB/T, etc).
- Be knowledgeable of various test environment and internal/external automatic testing tools to ensure that requirements are implemented correctly.
- Design, develop and test prototype jigs and fixtures / test apparatus, using analysis and/or CAD, in support of developed methods.
- Oversee the manufacturing process for the device, where necessary.
- Analyze test results, manage data and analyse results (including statistical techniques where appropriate). and adjust the design or test system as needed.
- Investigate failures to installed jigs & fixtures / test apparatus, diagnosing faults and recommending remedies.
- Manage test or failure reports and be responsible for their dissemination to the Design Team.
- In the absence of internal test capabilities, be responsible for sourcing of external laboratories to support verification plans.
- Responsible for maintaining traceability among various level of requirements, test protocol/script, test report/record.
- Maintain excellent communication with members of UK and South-East Asian test teams to ensure testing is undertaken in a robust and efficient manner
- Influence verification engineers and technicians to enable the detailed development of test method processes & equipment.
- Work with reliability data and predictive models to analyse potential failure modes and rates.
- Support investigation of test requirements for research projects, contributing to early development of a robust and efficient product verification strategy.
- Collaborate with internal and external Team on post-development work, validating the effectiveness of design improvements and modifications, updating.
- Reviewing and analyzing all requirements suitable for either complete verification or investigation on all electronics projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, maths or science discipline
- 2-3 years’ experience with product verification from consumer electronic products are plus factors.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply for Junior Engineer roles. (for consideration !)
- Good problem-solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Ability to communicate clearly and be able to convey information or ideas at a technical level.
- Possess the ability to apply mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Basic knowledge with NI, Lab view applications will also be helpful in the realization of test systems design / development
- Skilled in hands on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments
- Analytical and problem-solving ability, capable of assessing technologies and products using a variety of methods
- Experience designing and building experimental test equipment, in one or all the following areas; electrical, electronic, mechanical or software.
- Self-motivated and a great team player
- Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work, with an innate ability to think out of the box a plus.
- Able to adapt thinking, behavior and activities to changing requirements and situations.
- Able to collaborate effectively across Teams (i.e. System Engineers, Design Engineers and Compliance & Regulatory Specialist)
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering. At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.