- Research Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Manage a diverse team of Engineers / Technical Specialists in providing developmental support, for test method / methodologies, to RDD Project Teams.
- Working within a matrix organisation, plan and measure resources to deliver on the range plan
- Manage Team resource and performance, to budgets.
- Manage professional development for the Team
- Champion the Dyson culture throughout the Test organisation
- Drive upstream in the innovation phase in order to influence technology, test strategies and enhancing test detection for downstream market quality
- Support investigation of test requirements for research projects, contributing to early development of a robust and efficient product verification strategy.
- Review and analyze all requirements suitable for either complete verification or investigation on all electronics projects.
- Interrogate design specifications with a view to formulate development of test procedure(s) and acceptance criteria required for product verification.
- Where applicable, ensure verification tests conform to international standards (IEC, ASTM, QB/T, etc).
- Be knowledgeable of various test environment and internal/external automatic testing tools to ensure that requirements are implemented correctly.
- Be in a position to provide guidance and/or advise on
- the design and development of test prototype jigs and fixtures / test apparatus, for a variety of technical disciplines, using analysis/ simulation tools, CAD, investigative processes, etc, in support of method development.
- The management of test data, and necessary analysis of test results via statistical techniques, in the drive for continuous improvement to gage performance for developed test methods.
- the review of test failure reports and ensure their dissemination to Design Team(s) for investigation.
- the maintenance of traceability among various level of requirements, test protocol/script, test report/record.
- In the absence of internal test capabilities, be responsible for strategizing external laboratories to support verification plans
- Establish excellent communication with members of UK and South-East Asian test teams to ensure testing is undertaken in a robust and efficient manner
- Collaborate with internal and external Team on post-development work, validating the effectiveness of design improvements and modifications, updating to enable the detailed development of test method processes & equipment
- Provide appropriate updates to key stakeholders and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Degree in engineering, maths or science discipline
- 8-12 years’ experience with product verification from consumer electronic products are plus factors
- Ability to lead effectively & clearly and be able to convey information or ideas at a technical level.
- Exceptional technical problem-solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Demonstrable experience of leading an engineering function with a proven track record in strategic engineering leadership delivering effective engineering strategies, policies, processes and systems
- Multi-site, multi-country experience with the ability to lead and coach a high-performing, diverse and multi-cultural team.
- Ability to plan and act strategically to deliver a high-quality test capability for projects in development and make business improvements
- Clear & calm thinker with the ability to work within, or quickly adapt to, Dyson’s fast-paced and flexible culture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manager a team on engineer, in order to guide decision-making and leverage external resources.
- Ability to work with data to answer questions and support arguments.
- Strong verbal/written presentation & communication skills.
- Strong commercial awareness with an interest in the wider Dyson business and industry.
- Ability to interact credibly at executive level and inspire confidence.
- Knowledge and technical understanding of engineering processes, components and design techniques
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.