- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
Search is on for creative tech savvy Engineers to join Dyson’s global Test Development Team, in order to keep pace with Dyson’s ambition for incremental growth in product categories and product range in the coming years.
The right candidate can be excited with prospects of working closely with the Electronics, Design, SWQA & Quality Technical Leadership Teams across multiple product categories, to define test strategies & processes throughout the product lifecycle, with an objective to deliver Customer Centric Verification Strategies, for Embedded Product Software (Firmware) & Cloud Applications, for Dyson’s suite of connected products.
To do so, the candidate must be self-directed, comfortable with working across development teams & product offerings and be unafraid of getting their hands dirty.
About the role
- Tasked with hands-on technical responsibilities, and will need to own continuous improvement of test automation practices, and bring automation in line with existing functional test efforts. You will be responsible for creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts (using C/C++ / Python / Lab view) for functional automation as well as creating metrics and increasing test coverage using these automated systems. Close collaboration with and analysis of existing manual tests will also be in scope.
- Develop expertise in defect/bug management, integrating with the Atlassian suite of products (Jira/Confluence, Bamboo) as an Application Lifecycle Management solution as well as Test Rail.
- Design and create test scripts using C/C++ and/or Python to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
- Acquire product test knowledge,
quickly through product hands-on experience, to
- Facilitate identification of verification areas, risk and scope improvements needed.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- Contribute to team agile planning activities and backlog prioritization / management as well as and test engineering’s strategic automation planning and projects.
- Own actions to reduce test quality incidents and escapes into the field.
- Conduct first level of issue triage and adding value to the defect management process.
- Work closely with external test suppliers, providing guidance on qualification execution expectations (such as schedule, setups, tools etc) and managing timely delivery of tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with quality engineering and/or test automation.
- Strong knowledge of tools used for test, build and release process like Jira.
- Proven experience in the development of scripts beyond record and playback using C# and/or VB.NET, specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops etc.
- Experienced in one or all of the following - Cucumber, Ruby, Java for Android studio, Swift for Xcode, LabVIEW, C/C++, Python
- Demonstrated experience in writing test automation frameworks for integration and end-to-end testing.
- Excellent understanding of software design techniques, with experience in Agile development methodologies preferred.
- Experience with AWS cloud services and/or continuous integration.
Key Skills & Experiences:
- Proven ability to –
- Deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
- Negotiate and influence cross-functional, cross-cultural teams without formal authority.
- Quality - Demonstrates
accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times
- Exploring ways to improve and promote quality;
- Applies feedback to improve performance or monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Learning & Development: Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills with and are open to sharing expertise with others.
- Innovative - Displays ability to think out of the box, meeting challenges with resourcefulness, generating suggestions for improving work / developing innovative approaches & ideas and be able to present them in an “attractive” manner.
- Team Player - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibiting objectivity and openness in exchanging viewpoints with others, contributes to building a positive team spirit and places successes of the team above own interests.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.