- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
The Global Product Verification & Test Team, based in the Singapore Technology Centre, assumes responsibility for all performance test activities associated with the Personal Care – Haircare Category of Products, designed and developed by Dyson. An exciting range of products that count the Dyson Supersonic and the Dyson Airwrap Styler among its success stories.
The exponential growth projected for the product category in the coming years means there needs to be a proportionate increase in test facilities and dedicated Engineering Professionals to manage test activities.
- To own and support test activity based on assigned area of responsibility.
- To schedule and execute test activities according to project requirements / demands, liaising with Category Engineers on availability of test units.
- Ensure all the test activities are carried out according to the documented plan and test procedures such as DTM’s, international standards (IEC, ASTM, etc) and Test Matrix.
- Lead and control developments of current or new test methods (DTM – Dyson Test Method) including developments of test rigs, equipments and other requirements to facilitate testing.
- Manage test or failure reports and be responsible for their dissemination to the Design Team.
- To be actively involved in early product design & development, ensuring the availability of a robust and efficient test package (time plan, method and facility).
- To collaborate with the Design Team(s) on post-development work, validating the effectiveness of design improvements and modifications
- Enforce health & safety regulations in assigned areas of responsibility, maintaining good housekeeping in the test area at all times.
- Carry out periodical safety audits and highlight any safety issues to the Senior Test Engineer/Test Manager for next course of action.
- To assist senior staff in planning and executing general improvements in the assigned area, e.g. improvements of test facility.
- Lead and control maintenance as well as development of test rigs, tools, equipments to ensure that they are in calibration (if relevant) and are in good condition at all times. This includes work with vendor/supplier on acquiring new rigs and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline – background in Mechatronics is preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to convey information or ideas at a detailed / technical level.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply with prior experiences with any form of test and analysis considered a plus.
- Self-driven with an eagerness to learn new things / examine & challenge existing processes in a drive for greater efficiency, accuracy & robustness of test results.
- An innate ability to think out of the box is a definite plus.
- Possesses a positive attitude - takes job responsibilities seriously and performs it in a professional manner.
- Result driven – focused on expedient delivery, to a high level of resolution and quality.
- Team worker – demonstrate willingness to put the goals of the team before self, possessing also a strong ability to build effective and co-operative relationships with others.
- Possess good initiative - Able to pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told.
- Sound capabilities in planning and organizing - Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work
- Flexibility – Possesses ability to adapt thinking, behavior and activities to changing requirements and situations.
- Passion for software programming / coding (ie LabVIEW, Python, R, etc)