- Competitive salary
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Shanghai - China
The global expansion of the Dyson business will largely be driven by continued growth in China. It will be key for our RDD and Operations function to evolve with this ambition and build a broader global presence and intelligence in China.
We are initially focused on core areas that we know will strengthen our product launches and give valuable insight into Chinese culture and how our early stage development of technology can be influenced. These core areas are; mobile apps, product trials, research, quality, reliability, technology scouting & procurement. Dyson Link is our ambitious step into IoT solution. By using deep learning and natural language intelligence, we aim the Dyson products to provide a seamless smart home experience.
As a Software Test Engineer, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the Software quality of web application & cloud services for a robust digital experiences for our China users. The work will be challenging, varied, and will help bring Dyson connected products into the evolving world of IoT.
- Develop an agile test plan to compliment the rapidly evolving iterative web (mini-program) and cloud service development
- Develop and manage user experience testing as part agile testing plan
- Ensure adherence and governance of the testing phase in the mobile software development cycle
- Assess the readiness of web (mini-program) and backend services before passing through development milestones. Identify and escalate issues of immature design or incomplete understanding
- Conduct root cause analysis of error incidents to further optimise the testing plan and improve web & cloud development
- Aggressively identify and drive test automation across the validation cycles
SkillsTechnical Key Competencies:
- Experience in Mobile App / web (mini-program) Testing and Test Automation, including UI/UX test, Functional/Non-functional test, compatibility test, Performance test, etc.
- Strong experience in Automation tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience with dev, test management tool JIRA & TestRail
- Hands-on skills in system level issue debug including log/trace collection, analysis and work-around solution proposal
- Good Knowledge in test script development skills such as Python, Bash, Shell or equivalent
- Knowledge in mobile debug tools such as iOS console, Android studio or etc.
- Knowledge in AWS-IoT, MQTT protocol, Cloud infrastructure & Platform such as AWS is a plus
- Good understanding of agile development and test-driven development
- Knowledge of WeChat eco-system and develop or test experience with WeChat is a great plus
- Bachelor Degree in IT, Computer Engineering, EE or related field
- Has deep passion for technology and problem-solving
- Clear communication, good inter-personal skills at all levels of contact
- Strong planning, teamwork & workload management skills
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and team player
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Experienced in working with cross functional teams from global sites
- The market is moving fast, so is our technology. The idea candidate can keep evolving the technical strength.