- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
Search is on for creative tech savvy Engineers to join Dyson’s global Test Development Team, in order to keep pace with Dyson’s ambition for incremental growth in product categories and product range in the coming years.
The right candidate can be excited with prospects of being able to develop, in conjunction with R&D Engineers, test methodologies that are deployed to stress test new product designs, product offerings, fulfilling a desire to ensure delivery of a robust and quality product to consumers and, at the same time drive continuous improvements to existing methodologies, keeping pace with automation technologies.
To do so, the candidate must be self-directed, comfortable with working across development teams & product offerings and be unafraid of getting their hands dirty.
About the role
- Interrogate design
specifications with a view to formulate development of test procedure(s) and
acceptance criteria required for product verification.
- Where applicable, ensure verification tests conform to international standards (IEC, ASTM, QB/T, etc).
- Be knowledgeable of various test environment and internal/external automatic testing tools to ensure that requirements are implemented correctly.
- Design, develop and test
prototype jigs and fixtures / test apparatus, using analysis and/or CAD, in
support of developed methods.
- Oversee the manufacturing process for the device, where necessary.
- Analyze test results and adjust the design or test system as needed
- Investigate failures to installed jigs & fixtures / test apparatus, diagnosing faults and recommending remedies
- Manage test or failure reports and be responsible for their dissemination to the Design Team.
- In the absence of internal test capabilities, be responsible for sourcing of external laboratories to support verification plans
- Responsible for maintaining traceability among various level of requirements, test protocol/script, test report/record.
- Support investigation of test requirements for research projects, contributing to development of a robust and efficient product verification strategy.
- Collaborate with the Design Team(s) on post-development work, validating the effectiveness of design improvements and modifications, updating
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- 2-3 years’ experience with product verification from regulated industries or consumer electronic products are plus factors, although fresh graduates are very much encouraged to apply.
- Exceptional technical problem-solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively & clearly and be able to convey information or ideas at a technical level.
- Possess the ability to apply mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Experience with CAD applications will also be helpful in the realization of test systems design / development
- Self-motivated and a great team player
- Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work, with an innate ability to think out of the box a plus.
- Able to adapt thinking, behavior and activities to changing requirements and situations.
- Able to collaborate effectively across Teams (ie. System Engineers, Design Engineers and Compliance & Regulatory Specialist)
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.