- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
The Global Technology Development department comprises of a diverse groups of curious, world class engineering specialists. We are experts in our fields and we ensure Dyson products are on the edge of what’s possible. The Analysis team resides within the Personal Care Tech Dev STC department and provides technical leadership in the fields of flow, thermal management, acoustic and vibration, structural dynamics and mechanics of materials.The Analysis Test Technician provides support to both investigation and verification activities needed by the mechanical analysts, be it in the domain of Fluid and Thermo-Dynamics, Acoustics, or Structural. The ability to work well with various engineers, conduct testing with the highest integrity, and deliver test results in the clearest way will be fundamental to the success of Analysis Test Technicians. Experimentation, Laboratory Improvement, and Tester Development will be additional skills needed for the success of business operation.
- Conduct standard investigative and verification tests according to Test Methods (TM) independently without supervision.
- Produce accurate results and deliver in timely manner to the analysis engineer in a clear presentation.
- Proactively share results clearly and effectively from simple tests in engineering meetings with good understanding on the subject.
- Provide understanding of the test results and able to spot any result deviation unprompted.
- Correctly utilize and maintain the equipment involved for testing and how the equipment is relevant to the TM's objective.
- Adhere to lab processes for effective execution.
- Manage the calibration activities to a number of lab equipment for maintaining accurate test results.
- Identify equipment malfunction independently and perform troubleshooting on common causes of malfunction in a shortest time.
- Actively contribute towards lab ownership activities such as 5S, external visit, and process/capability improvements.
- Contribute towards H&S Committee, Risk Assessment, and Audit Actions.
Experimentation Capability Improvement:
- Plan and deliver improvement projects related to one discipline (ie. mechanical, electronics, and programming).
- Deploy the improvement into usage by all relevant stakeholders, through training, documentation, and presentation to the relevant audience.
- A good diploma from a reputable Polytechnic, in Mechanical Engineering.
- Past working experience in test and laboratory environment will be preferred.
- Experience in CAD software (eg. NX) will be necessary.
- Experience in programming languages in projects will be preferred (eg. Labview, Excel VBA).
- Experience in Statistical Analysis (Inference, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and GR&R) will be an added advantage.
- Resourcefulness in making the best possible delivery in the face of constraints.
- Methodical in the approach to tasks and issues to solve.
- Efficient in managing and prioritizing all competing tasks.
- Good mix of deeper pursuit of understanding to the subject and timely delivery.
- Mindset set for growth, with continuous desire of initiating improvements to the way of working.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.