- Mechanical Engineering
- Calamba - Philippines
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
About the roleAccountabilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the motors mechanical labs.
- Set up test rigs and equipment in accordance to the test requirements.
- Perform motor performance and reliability verifications and some other investigative testing in accordance to the respective standards or Dyson Test Method and report the results.
- Daily monitoring of testing and recording of test data.
- Involve in modification of current test rigs/fixtures to improve working efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all test equipment & rigs in a timely manner.
- Track all testing problems and feedback to engineers for further improvements.
- Prepare test reports and highlight failures (FRACAS) based on the testing conducted.
- To comply with safety and health regulations at all times.
- Practice good housekeeping of test labs.
- Support motor prototyping build in lab, production line special build, parts and assemblies measurement.
- Must have strong willingness to learn new things and to challenge the existing processes and desire to improve our products.
- 2 years of strong hands-on skills on verification and validation design.
- Knowledge of basic statistical principles and its application is an advantage.
- Knowledge and practical experience in measurement equipment (CMM, Roundness, Vision measurement) would be an advantage.
- Ability to create/modify PLC and LabView program for test automation is an advantage.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize key activities according to project deliveries.
- Able to work in a self-motivated way as well as in a team.
- Ability to translate data into meaningful results (statistics)
- Good verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate in a professional manner with all levels.
- Strong “can-do” attitude. Demonstrate ability to work proactively and work under pressure.
- Exposure to working in a cross cultural and international team would be advantageous.
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electro-Mechanical Engineering
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering. At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.