- Competitive + benefits
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
The Environmental Control Thermal Engineer will be involved in the full range of airflow and thermal analysis, test and development activities required to assess the impact and interactions of the Environmental Control of a vehicle. You will be helping develop and validate new concepts, generate and run analysis to support product development through to production.
- Support design and development with numerical approaches, model analysis and testing of specific areas of the thermal solution.
- Provide design advice and guidance to Design Managers and Engineers, taking on a role of responsibility for the assigned area from early concept stage.
- Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques.
- Conduct detailed testing and theoretical analysis of concepts to increase understanding and insight within the team.
- Develop test methodology and procedures with support of test team using current facilities and help to define and specify further equipment requirements.
- Liaise with the test team to plan and perform experimental validations, comparing post-processed results with simulations and make informed design recommendations.
- Generation of proposals and reports.
· An excellent/Master’s degree in Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with focus on thermal aspects desirable (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- Proven experience modelling aerothermal system interactions using simulation packages (ANSYS CFD or similar, 1D system modelling, Excel/VB).
- Experience of Aerothermal analysis, development and test.
· Excellent fundamental understanding of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics principles.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and take a guiding role relating to thermal solutions development and problem solving to ensure delivery of robust production capable solutions.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Lift share scheme
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discount on Dyson machines